DVR problem

calrich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2010
California
I have a strange DVR issue which has recurred several times. First, I have a 622 receiver. When I record hockey games on channel 409 Comcast Sports Net California and then try to start watching them while the game is still in progress, my DVR goes bonkers. First, the DVR screen is very slow to load and VERY slow to go from one page to another. When I'm finally able to load the already recording game it initially sends me to the LIVE game and not to the DVR. I have finally figured out that if I just hit the rewind buttons it will rewind for me and I can watch the game from the beginning. However, I have already been put into the LIVE game with the current score which I DO NOT want to see. I have learned to turn off the volume and ignore the screen completely so I don't see the score. However, I do not understand why this occurs. I regularly begin programs, including sporting games, on other channels while the program/game is still recording with no problem. Any ideas what is going on. Is Comcast trying to sabotage Dish? This makes no sense.

I have seen problems getting recording started if you are dealing with part-time RSN's due to trying to get the 1 min early. Setting those times to 0 usually helps.

This has worked well for me also. Irritating that we have to find tricks to get things to work properly though.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts