DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
Does the HD DVR that comes with a new Install have a UHF Remote?
Does the HD DVR have a output for a secondary Television?
I realize that these DVR's from Direct do not have dual outputs but a UHF Remote would be a must for me or I would have to have a second Receiver installed.

Yes and No
All HDDVR's I have received have the RF Remote.. You have to actually set it to RF Mode before it can be used..
There are no modulated outputs on the HDDVR. You can use component or HDMI at the same time.. Or you can get a cheap modulator that will connect to the composite outputs and send it to a second TV

Yes and No
All HDDVR's I have received have the RF Remote.. You have to actually set it to RF Mode before it can be used..
There are no modulated outputs on the HDDVR. You can use component or HDMI at the same time.. Or you can get a cheap modulator that will connect to the composite outputs and send it to a second TV
How much extra a month will it cost for a 2nd HD Receiver? I would have one HD DVR for the main viewing area and one HD Receiver for the bedroom.
Is there a lease fee for the 1st receiver or just the second Receiver?

Not having a modulated output forces me to have a 2nd Receiver.
The 622 has 2 tuner output with the 2nd being SD content.
This and no OTA input is a major issue for me.
Directv does not offer locals in my area; I would probably "move" to Shreveport, Louisiana(71101) if it is in the same spot beam as Monroe, Louisiana(71203) is. Any help here?
I cannot find a Directv spotbeam map to confirm this but I am in the same spotbeam with Dish. Any help here?
Directv having Fox News in HD is a big issue for me. If I can overcome the other situations without a lot of overhead money wise I am ready to go.
I am no longer under contract: I am a Free Agent.:D

You can hook up an AM21 module to the HD-DVR & receive your OTA locals that way. Once you plug the AM21 into the DVR it becomes integrated into the DVR's guide (It's about $50 through DTV). I don't know of a spotbeam map for DTV but you can certainly try the 'move' after your install. Some DMA's cover wide areas (Chicago +400 miles) while others are tiny. If you pick up everything via OTA you don't necessarily need to subscribe to D's locals.

There is no lease fee for the first receiver but there is a DVR fee of $5.99 which covers any number of DVRs. Additional receivers have a lease fee of $4.99.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)