DVR question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gio164

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I just got my dvr on saturday(phillips 708) and I am really enjoying it. The only problem is it is recording programs I don't want it to record. I checked my to do list and the only programs in it are the ones I put there.

Thanks for the help guys,problem resolved.

As an aside, you may really wish to leave them on.

* TiVo never records a suggestion when you have told it to record a program in a given timeslot.
* TiVo never deletes programming you have told it to record to make room to record a suggestion.
* TiVo does not have a free space indicator -- but because of the first two points, if you leave your suggestions on, you can get a rough idea of how much space is left by looking at the number of suggestions recorded. The higher the number of suggestions, the more space is available.

When I forst got my Tivo I had the same problem with it recording such random things, but after time it gets to "know" what you like to watch and actually makes some really good recommendations.

Turn it off until you are used to Tivo and have used the Thumbsup and down then turn it back on and see what it records for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts