DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
Does directv offer a dual tuner DVR where i can watch one show on one tv and something else on another tv like the dish network 625 dvr?

Does directv offer a dual tuner DVR where i can watch one show on one tv and something else on another tv like the dish network 625 dvr?

Sure !

The HR20 !

It's HD as well ... and a topic of huge discussion right now.

It's being aggressively enhanced by DirecTV for the coming channel expansion and VOD.

Thanks for the fast replies. I dont have HD yet so that one wont do me any good. Guess that is a sticking point for me to stay with dish right now.

thanks for the fast replies.

Thanks for the fast replies. I dont have HD yet so that one wont do me any good. Guess that is a sticking point for me to stay with dish right now.

thanks for the fast replies.

You're welcome.

Perhaps I should qualify my statement by saying that I have no idea about the functionality of the DiSH Network 625 DVR.

I have an HR20-700 and could not be happier.

:D

With the 625 dvr you can hook it up to two tv's and watch a program on each. 2 different programs. DUAL Tuner dvr.

With the 625 dvr you can hook it up to two tv's and watch a program on each. 2 different programs. DUAL Tuner dvr.

The R15 is a Dual Tuner DVR.What it is not is a Dual TV DVR.So as long as you keep your phone line connected.You can save a $5. Mirror Fee with the 625.But when you assess other DISH fees and charges like charging more for local channels,plus the problems that can happen with a RF remote.It pretty much breaks even because Directv charges only 1 DVR fee per household.So say if you needed 3 DVRs it would be cheaper with Directv.;)

Then there's the other factor.The fact that Directv carries alot of channels that DISH doesn't,plus they haven't lost any channels during"Contract Negotiations".
:mad: That was a personal peeve for me.That's why I now have Directv.:rolleyes:

Sure !

The HR20 !

It's HD as well ... and a topic of huge discussion right now.

It's being aggressively enhanced by DirecTV for the coming channel expansion and VOD.
I believe the HR20 can only output one stream, although it can record two at a time.

I believe the HR20 can only output one stream, although it can record two at a time.

That's correct. It does however have all outputs live, so you can send the same signal to several televisions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)