DVR Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

seaquake2

Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I'm brand new to Direct TV (first day of service).

I have probably some basic questions about DVR.

Note: I have added all my shows and set them up in the list based on priority.

1. This questions is about conflicts. How does the box let me know of recording conflicts? For example on TWC DVR boxes when you hit the list button to view your recordings if there were any conflicts it popped up a tab at the bottom that said conflicts. I know when I was setting up my shows to record it popped on a few for conflicts, but afterwords say next week, will it present my with option for conflicts?

2. This question has to due with recordings of "First Run" episodes of shows. I have noticed that unlike TWC & Comcast the guide doesn't list shows as "New" or "Repeat". So how does your box know if it's a "New" or "Repeat" episode? And if I have "First Run" selected why does it still record "Repeats"? For example I have it setup to record Big Bang Theory but only "First Run" but for some reason it still recorded tonight's episode which was a repeat from 2009.

When you set up a series it will always record the 1st one available even if it's a repeat, then after that only first run. You will come across some shows that don't have the proper flags for the DVR to read. On those you would have to set up a recurring manual recording. It's under "menu-manage recordings-manual" and sets up just like a VCR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)