DVR -r16 recording not just 1st run but reruns

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cinci4u

Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I am currently having some problems with recording 1st run shows on my DVR R16. I have set-up the DVR to just record 1st runs. However, it has also been recording reruns on local stations. Any suggestions?
Thanks...

What is the nature of the show you're recording? Are there any new episodes?

If the program repeats multiple times during the week, it is often easiest to set a manual recording at the same time each week.

My wife and I like setting the timers for 1st run ahead of time and forget it. I have had Timewarner and the Dishnetwork without a problem.

the 1st run option isn't perfect for me either. the dvr's for E do a better job at this. what i usually do for example NFL live on espn is set to 1st runs but it records the one at 4pm and again the one at 12am which is a repeat. i changed the option where it says keep until disk is full etc etc and change it to keep only one episode at a time. that way i know when i get home from work i'm getting the latest nfl live. when the one at 4pm records it automatically erases the one it recorded the night before at 12 am.

Only time Ive had a problem with the HR20 recording non first run stuff when its set to first run, is the first week its powered back on after being stored for a couple of months. Its like it does not know the shows are repeats. After the week or so, its worked flawlessly for me.

Only time Ive had a problem with the HR20 recording non first run stuff when its set to first run, is the first week its powered back on after being stored for a couple of months. Its like it does not know the shows are repeats. After the week or so, its worked flawlessly for me.

i think it has to do with some misinfo in the guide for that specific program. if it's missing original air dates and other info the box gets confused. i know E boxes look for the word "new" in the info for the program selected to record. i'm guessing D boxes look at the air date. not sure yet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts