DVR record options not honored

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
I have Covert Affairs set for CH 39, Record = "New and repeat," air time = "All showings." Right now at 3-4 pm, it is on and not being recorded. Seems to record only one per week.

Thanks for really reliable equipment.

Odd I have the SA8300HD and I find myself having to delete shows everyday when USA does one of their marathons which they do alot. If I dont check the DVR for 2-3 days sometimes I can be slammed with burn notice, psych, coveraffairs , royal pains very quickly

Odd I have the SA8300HD and I find myself having to delete shows everyday when USA does one of their marathons which they do alot. If I dont check the DVR for 2-3 days sometimes I can be slammed with burn notice, psych, coveraffairs , royal pains very quickly

Yeah, you have to be careful with programs that have LOTS of reruns--unless you get a box like I have :)
and mine is the SA8300HD too.

Yeah, you have to be careful with programs that have LOTS of reruns--unless you get a box like I have :)
and mine is the SA8300HD too.
I dont have a good explination of why this happens but your not alone. Generally I change the box out and never hear from them again. The 8300HD are pretty old boxes as it is, I wouldnt be suprised if its messed up.

I dont have a good explination of why this happens but your not alone. Generally I change the box out and never hear from them again. The 8300HD are pretty old boxes as it is, I wouldnt be suprised if its messed up.

The problem with changeout is that the disk is about 40% filled with programs I want to keep.

If I decide to trade it in, what model should I ask for? Large disk size is important.

Should I wait for multiroom to come out, or is that gonna cost an arm and a leg premium?

BTW, how does the signal get from the server DVR to the receiving DVR? Does it use the coax cable or is there a separate IP wire?

on coax. I guess the easiest way to describe it is like on demand but with the DVR being the server.

I would get a samsung, I dont even know when the multi room is comng

...I would get a samsung...

Interesting. I recently had a Samsung replaced with a Cisco. The Samsung would stop feeding signal to the TV about every two days and have to be unplugged-reboot. It also was aggravatingly slow from channel to channel. The Cisco is the fastest switcher of any I have had.

The tech who replaced it said he had far more Samsung problems than SA--couldn't comment on the Cisco because it has not been out long enough.

he was on crack and you obviously got a bad box. The samsungs are twice as fast in all aspects, more storage, more reliable ect. The cisco boxes are worse then the old SA boxes. The only reason I still have mine is because i dont want to get stuck with another grey box, all my other stuff is black haha.

There are a few other brighthouse forums you can check and and 99% of people will agree with me.

he was on crack and you obviously got a bad box. The samsungs are twice as fast in all aspects, more storage, more reliable ect. The cisco boxes are worse then the old SA boxes. The only reason I still have mine is because i dont want to get stuck with another grey box, all my other stuff is black haha...

OK, I believe you. My "sample of one" does not prove anything. I'll keep the Cisco box as long as it performs--currently it is OK.

I should have mentioned, that failed Samsung was straight STB--not a DVR. Do your comments also apply to the non-DVR's as far as reliability and channel switch speed?

OK, I believe you. My "sample of one" does not prove anything. I'll keep the Cisco box as long as it performs--currently it is OK.

I should have mentioned, that failed Samsung was straight STB--not a DVR. Do your comments also apply to the non-DVR's as far as reliability and channel switch speed?

both of the samsungs tend to be faster then the rest of the boxes although it is more noticeable in the DVR. honestly, the cisco boxes dont even compare generally, I have 2 of them here (unfortunatly) and I Want to shoot myself in the face quite often,

Lol I see more issues with those then anything. There constantly locking up into brick mode and wont come out. to each is own, they all have there quirks. If I was able to walk in and pick, I would have all samsung equipment.

Lol I see more issues with those then anything. There constantly locking up into brick mode and wont come out. to each is own, they all have there quirks. If I was able to walk in and pick, I would have all samsung equipment.

Which ones lock up? We have been talking about Samsungs, Cisco and SA!

Which ones lock up? We have been talking about Samsungs, Cisco and SA!
Sorry, I was responding to the insiders comment. The non cable card 8300 boxes.. I have actually swapped out 4 today due to locking up in brick mode lol.

Its a pain for me to drive to the office and switch them out. I need to make sure I can get a samsung, I dont want a silver box. they dont match the rest of my stuff. I have been wanting to for like 3 months now, eventually ill get to it.

Here's a question...when a customer has a problem with a box that is not a hard, immediately obvious failure (say like mine--some programs don't record), what happens to that box after it leaves our house before it ends up in someone else's house.

IOW, what "troubleshooting/repair" is done on boxes where the failure is not obvious, and where/by whom?

well, here in Tampa it goes to our Riverview office to the converter operations guys. They test them out, if its something they fix in house then its repaired, if it not then they send it out to be repaired. were supposed to tag the box and put whats wrong with it as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)