DVR recordings only partial record

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I have had this problem for long time now and seems to be getting worse. Only recording the end of the program and the record length says its longer than the program is. Most of time the I can get the missed episode on demand after deleting the current program and than empty the trash. Getting really tired of this. I thought was a firmware problem and would get fixed in an update but this has gone on for as long as I can remember. I have the hopper 3. Would a replacement fix this?

Ugh - I thought I would be escaping recording issues by switching to Dish today.
Don't let one guy's issue affect your whole world.

To the OP, how full is your storage? And maybe you just have a receiver with a a bad Hard Drive that needs to be replaced

Reactions: JSheridan
Its at 75%. I remember some time back several people where having this issue. I kept waiting on a software update for a fix. Not sure if it was ever addressed or if this is just a problem with my dvr. Still having OTA problems also. I finally gave up on it. Audio breaks up bad when watching.

Guess it time to see about getting new hopper. Will start transferring programs to EHD.

I remember some time back several people where having this issue.

One old problem (which still exists on my 722K), is that occasionally a recording is made that will not play back completely - it prematurely skips ahead to the end of the recording, and this always happens at the same point in the recording. I encounter this issue about once per month. From your description, it sounds like you might have a different problem.

Its at 75%. I remember some time back several people where having this issue. I kept waiting on a software update for a fix. Not sure if it was ever addressed or if this is just a problem with my dvr. Still having OTA problems also. I finally gave up on it. Audio breaks up bad when watching.

One more thing. If a new Hopper doesn't fix your OTA problem then you might have to get one of the new dual tuner OTA adapters. I never had the OTA break up problem (knock on wood again) but everybody who has had the problem in the past has said the new adapters fixed it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
One old problem (which still exists on my 722K), is that occasionally a recording is made that will not play back completely - it prematurely skips ahead to the end of the recording, and this always happens at the same point in the recording. I encounter this issue about once per month. From your description, it sounds like you might have a different problem.

Something similar to this happens to me frequently on the Hopper 2.

Its the auto hop channels. I tried not auto hopping but still start at end of program and gives you the spoiler. Happens about once a week.

Brian, check out this old thread of mine. Sounds like it might be the same issue. Unfortunately it was never resolved. There used to be a Dish bigwig (Vivek?) who'd pop in and he told me they were working on it but they never fixed it and he never responded to my follow-ups.

Strange PTAT Issue Only On ABC

Brian, check out this old thread of mine. Sounds like it might be the same issue. Unfortunately it was never resolved. There used to be a Dish bigwig (Vivek?) who'd pop in and he told me they were working on it but they never fixed it and he never responded to my follow-ups.

Strange PTAT Issue Only On ABC

Unfortunately Vivek is no longer with DISH. :(

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don't let one guy's issue affect your whole world.

To the OP, how full is your storage? And maybe you just have a receiver with a a bad Hard Drive that needs to be replaced

I bought the Airtv dual adapter for 29.99. Solved my problem.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks. Bought the Airtv and no more audio problems. For what ever reason I can't access recorded OTA programs from joey though. Just keeps say waiting or something like that. Gone a whole week now with out a recording problem. Maybe get lucky and problem go away but I know better.

I have a 722 and this happens to me also, very frustrating.