DVR recordings won't playback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tlh1025g

Original poster
May 4, 2013
CO
I'm not finding anything on this issue, and am hoping someone can help me. I was a loyal DISH customer for many years, but eventually finances forced me to cancel my service. However, I had purchased (via eBay) my own DVR - a 722k. Although I've been without DISH service for about a year, I have always been able to watch what I had recorded on my DVR, and occasionally had access to any "free" channels Dish was making available (infomercials and public service channels).

This last week, something changed. I no longer have access to any informercials or the "free" channels that Dish always broadcasts - they are no longer even on the My Channels list. The 101 channel (welcome to Dish) also doesn't seem to work. It has also interfered with my ability to watch anything that I had previously recorded. The screen shows that it is playing (you see the fast-forward and return bar as you zoom through the recording), but my screen is blank. I've been able to get it to play a couple of things, but only after manipulating the recording several times.

Does anyone know about anything different that DISH has done that would interfere with my use of my own equipment? Wish I could afford to reactivate the service, but it just isn't feasible right now.

Oh yea - and as a side-note - even though I provided DISH with a copy of the receipt showing that I had purchased my DVR, they tried to force me to return it, and subsequently attempted to bill me for it.

It sounds like the receiver lost it's authorization. While it is purchased, all that allows you to do is keep the receiver upon disconnect, and possibly re-sell it if you choose as long as the account is clear. Once the account is deactivated, the receiver may work for awhile, or atleast until the previous authorization it had expires. There is no set time for this to happen.

If the receiver is purchased, we won't require it to be returned. Please send me a PM with the receiver # so I can research that further with you.

Free ride is over, but if you can afford it the Welcome Pak is $19.99 plus DVR fee and any local taxes. Ask Tommy F about it.

A new account will mean a new account # and the DVR'd recordings will not work- they are tied to the old account, which can never be restored. So any future Dish subscription will not bring back those programs.

It is amazing you were able to watch for so long. The service is provided for current customers, and all services, including previously recorded items, are to end with the subscription. Usually it is a matter of days or weeks before access to the EHDs and DVR'd material ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts