dvr/remote problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
i put dvr/remote problem because i don't know if it's the remote or the dvr that's the root of the problem. my setup: i have an hr24-200 and an hr24-500. a couple weeks ago, the hr24-500 started giving me trouble. the problem is it's not responding properly when using the remote. sometimes i have to press the remote 2 or 3 times for it to respond. also, when i'm scrolling through the guide and hit the scroll down(or up) button, it will respond as if i hit it twice. it's really driving me crazy. i've changed the batteries in the remote as well as doing a red button reboot (couple times)....didn't help. is there anything else i can do before calling customer service?

Are you using IR or RF for the remote?
If it's IR (the default) then it could be IR interference.. Easy way to check: Get a piece of white paper folded in half or an envelope, then stand it up in front of the receiver so the IR sensor is blocked (Its a small circle just to the right of the power button), then see if the remote works better. If the problem is gone when the paper is there, it's IR interference.
If this is the case, a more permanent fix would be to put 2 pieces of Scotch Magic Tape over the IR sensor on the receiver (2 pieces, one on top of the other).
The paper (or the tape) act as an IR filter, they block the weaker signal causing the interference, but let the stronger signal from the remote through.

thanks but i'm using RF.

i'll clear the nvram and see if that fixes it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)