DVR Scheduler reaches 1 Million uses

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
D* Press Release, the DVR Scheduler via web has hit 1 Million recordings, pretty impressive for a fairly new tool:

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Jul 10, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV customers nationwide are embracing a new way to remotely record their favorite shows to their DVRs with the DIRECTV DVR Scheduler. This week, the DVR Scheduler reached a milestone with more than one million recordings scheduled remotely through the service.
In addition, DIRECTV will be identifying the top shows customers are programming remotely through the DVR Scheduler service.

The top 15 recorded shows for the month of June 2008 include:
1. SportsCenter
2. When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions Friends and Rivals
3. Camp Rock
4. NBA Finals - Game 6: Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics
5. NBA Finals - Game 5: Boston Celtics at Los Angeles Lakers
6. Spider-Man 3
7. NBA Finals - Game 4: Boston Celtics at Los Angeles Lakers
8. Soccer: UEFA Euro 2008, First Quarterfinal: Portugal vs. Germany
9. NBA Countdown
10. Shrek the Third
11. BET Awards '08
12. Secret Diary of a Call Girl
13. The Ellen DeGeneres Show
14. Golf: U.S. Open Championship, Final Round
15. Weeds: Mother Thinks the Birds Are After Her

"The positive response we have received for the DIRECTV DVR Scheduler has truly surpassed our expectations," said Eric Shanks, executive vice president, DIRECTV Entertainment. "The convenience and ease of use that the service provides is resonating and it is exciting to see what shows make our customers pause their busy schedules to set a recording to their DVRs no matter where they are or what they are doing."

In addition to DIRECTV Plus(R) DVRs and DIRECTV Plus(R) HD DVRs, DIRECTV TiVo(R) Series2 receivers are now compatible with the DIRECTV DVR Scheduler service(a). Customers who login to Good TV. Better TV. DIRECTV., go to My TV Schedule / TV Listings and choose the Record to Receiver function for a program, will see DIRECTV TiVo(R) Series2 receivers as a new option to utilize the DVR Scheduler service. Mobile phone users can simply go to DVR Scheduler from their mobile phone browser.

The DIRECTV DVR Scheduler is a free and convenient service that enables customers to remotely set recordings of their favorite programs on their DVR via the internet or from their mobile phone. After registering for the service on DIRECTV.com, customers will have the ability to:

-- Browse and search a huge library of programming on a computer or mobile device including the DIRECTV 14-day program guide and the more than 4,000 DIRECTV on DEMAND titles
-- DIRECTV(R) DVR Scheduler supports Series Link(TM), which allows you to record an entire series of programming from a computer or mobile device.
-- Send record commands to specific DVRs in the home
-- Prioritize recordings
For suggestions on popular upcoming shows to record, DIRECTV also offers a "What to Record" feature, which can be found on the DIRECTV.com homepage. For additional information on the DIRECTV DVR Scheduler, visit directv.com/dvrscheduler.
(a) Series 2 TiVo(R) models with 6.4a software.

I just got up and running yesterday, and I have already used it! my wife called said she had errands to run and wanted to record a news show...which normally means I have to run home on lunch, or she run out of her way to do it...but not anymore, its great the first full day of service and I found a need for it!

I use the search on the mobile version, works great. The search on the desktop version is weak, it searches the entire directv.com web site and then has programs on the bottom of the results.

I noticed the NBC HD Shows on demand the other day,,, tempting... I rarely use the scheduler, but it works pretty good when I have...

Ahh...the NBC shows are 99c for Sd, 1.99 for HD, and only a 24 hour view from the start / purchase. I'd hold off for the reruns, or rent the DVDs...

The scheduler is awesome, I use it almost daily.

But I still have trouble with the TVPLANNER, all it does is give me the hour glass, and the the browser times out.

Anyone else still getting that?

I have no trouble with the "normal" DVR scheduler and have been using it for months. But I have been having trouble with the "on demand" feature. The on-demand feature accepts the program I want to record but when the request gets to my receiver I see the following message: "remote recording failed the program is no longer available (3010)". Which is strange since the program can be selected from the on-demand menu of the receiver itself. Anyone else have this problem? I have called Direct TV and escalated the problem but I have not received a reply yet.

I use the search on the mobile version, works great. The search on the desktop version is weak, it searches the entire directv.com web site and then has programs on the bottom of the results.
Thanks for the tip. Didn't realize the website search would find programs so I never really tried. Tried it today and found the shows I was looking for. It would be better if there was a search for just for the scheduler but works for what I want. You learn something new each day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)