DVR stops recording early

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
My 722K stops recording early about once a week. It may get approximately 30 minutes in to a 1 hour show. It is usually in the middle of the day. I had a chat with Dish and they thought that a neighbor had the same remote code and has been stopping my recordings. I changed the remote code and that did not fix it. It happens a lot with 'Days of our Lives' and 'Today Show'. Any help will be great. Thanks.

Your DVR hates "Days of Our Lives" and "Today". Seriously, have you tried a hard reboot? Is the drive close to being full?

My dvr may hate them, but my wife likes them and that is what matters sometimes. I hve tried reseting with the red button on the front of the receiver. What is the hard reboot? It is not colse to being full at all. She makes sure to delete after watching it to "de-clutter".

What time is your receiver set to download updates ?

This often happens to me if a recording is in progress around the update time (default around 4am for most people).

Are those programs coming in as over the air (OTA) or as Dish local into local (LIL)? Are they SD or HD?

There are more interruptions in signal, I think, on OTA than on LIL and more on LIL HD than SD.

What are your signal levels? Low levels are more likely to be interrupted by multipath or bushes or whatever. How is your line of sight (LOS) to LIL satellite or OTA station?

All of the answers to these questions will help in assessing your problem.

There is a slight chance of your looking at the sun behind the dish as this is the season when the sun is highest and this would happen at different times for each satellite. A thought.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts