DVR1100c Timer Won't Work for Scrambled Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I tried several times to timer record the audio for channel 2221 (Fox News) to no avail. The channel would change but the USB didn't activate. I realize it is a scrambled channel but thought the timer would work since instant record works on scrambled channels.

Guess I never heard of anyone recording scrambled channels....... until now, but I do understand why you would want to record the scrambled Fox channel's audio. These channels are a bit unique as many scrambled channels do not have unencrypted audio.

The timer records encrypted programming fine when a valid subscription card is inserted. Since the decoding occurs prior recording the transport stream, the timer sequence checks the CAS status when encryption is detected. The reasoning behind this process is most likely to prevent filling a hard drive with programming that would be considered unusable.

We will determine if this step of the timer function can be modified. If so, the change might be available on a future firmware update.

Thanks for the response Brian. It does sound a bit crazy to record a scrambled channel, but since audio is in the clear I listen to Hannity and others. In this case I really wanted to record a John Stossel special entitled "Money Pit". Maybe it will show up on YouTube later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)