DVR1100c will not fast forward or reverse on recording

Lassar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Illinois
Last week I had recorded a audio TS recording on my GeoSat Pro DVR 1100c.

It fast forwarded and reversed half way good.

Today, I checked for a update.

I tried fast forwarding and reversing on the audio TS recording. No Luck.

The update I have now is SW GS03.34, Data 01.66

The receiver fast forwards and reverses okay on video.

Is this update causing this problem?

If it is, I would like the older update.

Could you give me a link for the older update.

Version 3.34 is firmware and has been installed on your receiver for approximately one year and does not refresh during subsequent channel list updates. 1.66 is the channel list update and that has not updated since January 2nd.

There is something else going on with either the hard drive formatting or the receiver needs a Master Reset. This is not a firmware issue.

Last edited:
I turn the power switch off. Wait 30 sec

I press the remote channel up button, and turn the power switch back on.

I get c 105, boot, 0334 in the panel.

The screen comes up as normal.

If I understand this right, if the screen comes up as normal, there is no master reset.

What am I doing wrong for a master reset ? How do I do a master reset.

I managed to find update SW GS03.33, and installed it.

Audio TS playback will not fast forward or reverse. Also daylight savings time does not work.

So apparently, It's not the update.

to do a master reset
flip switch off on back
press and hold channel up on the unit (not the remote) while flipping switch back on. When it shows C105 let go of button
you'll see a dump screen. Hit 0 on remote. That is the master master reset

Thanks IceBerg

Got it to do a master reset.

Did not know those controls were there.

Turns out you have to press info to see the DVR functions, and press left or right to go forward and backward in the audio recording.

Completely different from the video DVR controls.

Go figure.

The daylight saving function still does not work. Using DSL, the time is one hour ahead of the real time.

After looking at what SW GS03.34 update does, concerning that, it automatically updates the time.
I think I will stick with SW GS03.33. At least I can keep it on manual time.

Lassar said:
The daylight saving function still does not work. Using DSL, the time is one hour ahead of the real time.
When Daylight Savings Time is on, time setting is advanced one hour. This is the function of a Daylight Savings Time selection. Of course your displayed time is one hour in advance. Since we are not currently in DST period, why are you turning it on? What function are you expecting when turning Daylight Saving Time ON?

Lassar said:
After looking at what SW GS03.34 update does, concerning that, it automatically updates the time.
I think I will stick with SW GS03.33. At least I can keep it on manual time.
The automatic time setting is for GloryStar mode. The manual time setting is still an available option in the advanced mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts