DVR510 does not Record

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
Woke up today and my DVR was't recording my timed program. So I go in and reset timer to record the show again. Nothing. I press the record button. Nothing. The receiver will not record any channel now. The receiver works fine. Any ideas?

Just noticed when I go into the timer settings where you can delete the settings all the times are blank for everything? This new software is pure crap.

I just deleted all the timers and redid the one for right now. It still don't work. Grrr...

Have you done any sort of physical resets?

Go to the system info screen and then hold the front panel power button down for 5 seconds and it will reboot and force a download if it needs it.

Hold down the front panel power button and it will force a reboot.

Turn off the receiver and unplug it for 60 seconds then plug it back in.

If any of these dont correct it then your receiver has a failure.

Have you done any sort of physical resets?

Go to the system info screen and then hold the front panel power button down for 5 seconds and it will reboot and force a download if it needs it.

Hold down the front panel power button and it will force a reboot.

Turn off the receiver and unplug it for 60 seconds then plug it back in.

If any of these dont correct it then your receiver has a failure.
I've did them all except the top one. What does going into the system info screen do from any other screen? I've even removed the smart card. Tried them all still nothing... Oh well at least its the holidays and all repeats are on. :(

The sys info screen was another form of reboot / reset that would force the receiver to download a software update if it hadnt yet. When I installed we ran into this from time to time with receivers that hadnt been hooked up in a while or receivers that had been left on 24/7.

The sys info screen was another form of reboot / reset that would force the receiver to download a software update if it hadnt yet. When I installed we ran into this from time to time with receivers that hadnt been hooked up in a while or receivers that had been left on 24/7.

Hmm.. I was recording timed programs last night fine. This morning I noticed one show wasn't recording and I turned it on and did everything to see what was the issue. All the times when you go into the recorded program are blank. I was showing like if I recorded the same show m-f it would should on the new screen since the update each show and the time in a list of 5 recordings. Now that screen is blank. This is why I thought it was a software issue.

Not sure what happened but I went into the system info screen again. This time I waited till the whole test was done. Then Held down the button to reset. It came back on now and works fine. :) Thanks. :)

well I'm not sure how perfect its working lol. Time for a new DVR for sure.

It sounds like it is a software issue but it could still be a hardware issue caused by heat, moisture, surge so I would contact dish tech support and ask for a level 3 tsr.

It sounds like it is a software issue but it could still be a hardware issue caused by heat, moisture, surge so I would contact dish tech support and ask for a level 3 tsr.

What is a level 3 tsr? lol they won't even listen to me when I call. I have to send emails usually when I have an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts