DVR510 recordings disappear.

JRF61

Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
I have a DVR 510. A few days ago approx. 20 hours of recorded programs disappeared over night. Couple of days later I lost abour 6 hours of recorded shows. Has anyone else had this problem or could explain to me what is happening? Also, when I press the DVR button and go to my recorded programs,
and press start to watch a program, the unit will go to a blue screen and reboot.
I get the acquiring satellite message and then it goes through the program guide update. This happens about once every day or two. It started about 2-3 weeks ago.
Thanks in advance,
JRF61

I don't know if my 510 has lost recordings but it has done the other things you mention. It's supposedly a software bug delivered when they last updated.

Mine started the same thing this week. I am still able to watch recorded programs, but even ones recorded this past week have disappeared. I've lost approx. 15 recordings! Some are irreplaceable! Any ideas on what to do to fix this?

this is being done by dish to get there 5xx customers upset enough so they will upgrade that reciever to a newer model

funny how after a few short years a solid ird suddenly turns into junk

Chuck you f*ck instead of breaking peoples irds with software updates why not try and improve irds with FUNCTIONAL software

I have a DVR 510. A few days ago approx. 20 hours of recorded programs disappeared over night. Couple of days later I lost abour 6 hours of recorded shows. Has anyone else had this problem or could explain to me what is happening? Also, when I press the DVR button and go to my recorded programs,
and press start to watch a program, the unit will go to a blue screen and reboot.
I get the acquiring satellite message and then it goes through the program guide update. This happens about once every day or two. It started about 2-3 weeks ago.
Thanks in advance,
JRF61
The DVR 510 just plain sucks. I'm on my 3rd Leased one right now. If I have to send the 3rd one back they won't be sending me another 510 it will be a newer model or I will go without. :mad:

I've got the reboot when playing a recording problem as well. Haven't lost any recordings yet. I keep hoping a new software release will fix it.. still waiting.

Buy A DVD Recorder

Rule number one anything important copy to something that can't be erased.

Go to Walmart and spend $50.00 on a DVD Recorder.

I just bought one about a month ago I think it was an SV2000 brand but for $50.00 you can't go wrong and blank DVDs are about a $24.98 for a 100 pack of Sony or a quarter apiece.

I realize this thread is old, but this just happened to me with our DVR 510.

A couple of weeks ago it erased about half our recordings, and yesterday it erased the rest of them.

Is there any direct information this is an intentional product of a software update to force people to get newer equipment? It sounds too grossly rude, when simply announcing that older models won't work at some point in the future would elicit alot of grumbling, but would actually be reasonable.

My question is,

What happens when someone whose recordings have been erased calls Dish to complain about it?

Are they immediately given a sales pitch for new equipment?

Dish begin implementation of DRM a few weeks ago; seems the process become uncontrollable, but(!) only customers have bad luck, not the provider nor content holder. Coincidence ?

this is being done by dish to get there 5xx customers upset enough so they will upgrade that reciever to a newer model

funny how after a few short years a solid ird suddenly turns into junk

Chuck you f*ck instead of breaking peoples irds with software updates why not try and improve irds with FUNCTIONAL software

Actually the truth is...NOT trying to piss everyone off to upgrade. The software was changed on the 501 because of the patent infringement claims that have been made. This model is one which the idiots claim infringed on a patent so blame them and their fine group of money hungry lawyers not Dish. I can assure you the engineering department is working very hard to fix the issues that have developed and come up with a stable software version.

Regarding any possible new version for 508/10, my particular receiver after 3.69, will only stay up for a few hours without a manual reset, although sometimes it resets itself. As a result it always loses it at night in standby and is found next day spinning away madly and showing black or banners with no content.
Is it likely to acquire a new version in this type condition?

Further to my last I stayed at a friends recently with a DTV dual tuner rx.
It appeard rock solid and bug free, so maybe there's the answer.

the first time I lost programming it was only about 15 hours. the next time it was over 50, I was so mad. it wiped out my whole last series of Angel. Anyway, I am also on my 3rd leased dvr510. I also get frequent signal loss. I also have a dvr500 and will watch it when the dvr510 is trying to find the signal again.

I haven't lost any programming for a about 5 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)