DVR921 - Audio Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lbickley

Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I just hooked my 921 up last night, and the optical audio seems to be going out. It first happened when changing channels. Then I recorded 2 programs (timer events). When I played them back there was no audio. When this happens, it requires a reboot to get the audio back. Not sure if the standard audio outputs are working when it occurs.

Finally, I pulled the Toslink cable from the back of my receiver (without a 921 reboot), then plugged it back in. The audio came back!

Has anyone else had this problem?

I found the problem...

I did a little research and used some of the debugging suggestions other members had for the 811 (replace fiber optic cable, etc.). No such luck.

I've realized it's my receiver. I have an older JVC DD (no DTS), and it has an issue when switching from HD channels with DD sound to channels with PCM audio. When I switch from HD to SD, no audio. If I unplug the fiber optic cable and plug it back in, the audio returns! :no

Looks like I'll need to buy a new receiver to use the 921 the way I want it. Although I don't necessarily mind it, I wasn't planning on it. Oh well...

So far, I like the 921. The aspect modes are a little strange sometimes, and it seems to generate a lot of heat when placed into an armoire with closing doors. Other than that, I like it a lot. :) Since this is my first DVR, I can only use a VCR as a reference point, and it's miles ahead of that! I'll probably get more picky as I keep using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts