DW7000 Cross Poll Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

naTe191

Original poster
May 7, 2009
Houston, TX
Anybody having issues with cross polling a DW7000 modem on G28/IA8?

Each time I try I get ACP error and I can't complete the cross poll.

I get great signal (86-92).
I am on G28 23k.

Any sugestions?

Hughes leases 8 transponders on that satellite. It's not necessary for a connection to pass ACP on the assigned transponder. Have you tried to run ACP on any of the other seven?

//greg//

same problem here. I moved my customers dish a few miles away and reset it up with new cables and got a 72 on signal strength. I get an error TXCODE 10 "can't communicate with network operations center" the receive light is on and transmit light is on at first after fresh reboot but shuts off if trying to send. system light is also off. Tried adjusting skew but no luck. any ideas? Absolutely nothing in the way. perfect LOS.

Would help if you'd have identified the satellite. Nevertheless, there's a good chance Hughes leases other transponders on that same bird. Like I advised above, nothing says you have to run ACP through the assigned transponder. If you've got adequate voltage to the transmitter, all you have to do is get it to pass on THAT satellite, then return to the assigned transponder - restart - system LED should come back on once the modem obtains sync with the gateway timing loop.

//greg//

Last edited:
same problem here. I moved my customers dish a few miles away and reset it up with new cables and got a 72 on signal strength. I get an error TXCODE 10 "can't communicate with network operations center" the receive light is on and transmit light is on at first after fresh reboot but shuts off if trying to send. system light is also off. Tried adjusting skew but no luck. any ideas? Absolutely nothing in the way. perfect LOS.

Check your voltage at the dish from the tx line. Sounds like you have no power there.

I see that this post is old but wanted to add that the DW and HN modems are not the same thing with a updated name. (DirecWay to HughesNet) Hughes uses almost exclusively the HN series now and the ACP server likely does not recognize the DW modem.

I see that this post is old but wanted to add that the DW and HN modems are not the same thing with a updated name. (DirecWay to HughesNet) Hughes uses almost exclusively the HN series now and the ACP server likely does not recognize the DW modem.

You have to update the dw firmware to a hn firmware of at least 5.3.0.28. I had one of those today as a matter of fact.

DW and HN modems are not the same thing
Hate to break this to ya, but they are. Almost. Other than the nomenclature and the case, about the only working difference is that the DW version doesn't have the DVB-S2 module enabled - it operates strictly DVB-S. A properly functioning DW7000 should range and run ACP just fine.

That said, Hughes has been in the process of upgrading all gateways to DVB-S2. Most of their Ku-leases are down to one DVB-S gateway now, being left open strictly for legacy users. Support for DW6000 and earlier modems has already been suspended. I would expect DW7xxx series support to dry up soon as well.

//greg//

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)