Dwayne Wade thinks players should be paid for compete in the olympics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Insider

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
The Swamp
Dwyane Wade: NBA Olympians should be compensated - ESPN

Really Dwayne? I am so sorry that you only get a month or so off instead of several months. Welcome to the real world where people usually only get 2-3 weeks vacation a year.

Hey I get to play a game I love, make tens of millions of dollars a year, get a few months vacation each year, and get the HONOR to represent my country in the Olympics but na, they need to pay me for it!

What an ungrateful A hole.

The Insider said:
Dwyane Wade: NBA Olympians should be compensated - ESPN

Really Dwayne? I am so sorry that you only get a month or so off instead of several months. Welcome to the real world where people usually only get 2-3 weeks vacation a year.

Hey I get to play a game I love, make tens of millions of dollars a year, get a few months vacation each year, and get the HONOR to represent my country in the Olympics but na, they need to pay me for it!

What an ungrateful A hole.

Why didn't you include Ray Allen since was the one that ACTUALLY SAID IT FIRST and Wade agreed....?

Also, I have no issues with the players getting of the monies from jersey sales. As far as pay, that is debateable.

Please don't put Wade is the same prima dona a-hole category as the guy you have playing center on your team because it ain't even close.

Last edited:
Why didn't you include Ray Allen since was the one that ACTUALLY SAID IT FIRST and Wade agreed....?

Also, I have no issues with the players getting of the monies from jersey sales. As far as pay, that is debateable.

Please don't put Wade is the same prima dona a-hole category as the guy you have playing center on your team because it ain't even close.

I don't recall the guy in Orlando asking for money to be on the Olympic team ;) And I mentioned Dwayne because that was the focus on the article As Allen is not relevant anymore. Dwayne is.

And Really if you want to compare prima dona with orlando vs heat just remember you guys have Lebron ;)

Hmm, I wonder what Allen and Wade have in common. Just look at their feet.

I loved the '92 dream team, but the the wearing the flag to cover the reebok logo was unfortunate.

These guys get paid enough, if they don't want to play without compensation than don't.

I'd be shocked if I heard a Spaniard or Argentinean say this.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Feel free to not compete then.

A long time ago, Lupica said "if the Olympics are not the be all and end all of your sport, then your sport should not be in the Olympics".

Yep.

Folks...don't be naive, athletes get paid in the Olympics. IF you are a BIG name athlete, your corporate sponsor can and will pay you in the millions.

All U.S. athletes can also earn a “medal bonus” from the U.S. Olympic committee for each medal won. The U.S. pays American medal winners $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver, and $10,000 for bronze medals. Some countries, though not all, pay athletes similar medal bonuses. The highest found is Russia. This year Russia raised Olympic medal awards to $100,000 for gold, $60,000 for silver, and $40,000 for bronze.

How Much Do Olympic Athletes Earn? Unless You're Michael Phelps, Not Enough

And this is an OLD article. So those days of just "doing it to represent my country" are LONG GONE.

Folks...don't be naive, athletes get paid in the Olympics. IF you are a BIG name athlete, your corporate sponsor can and will pay you in the millions.

How Much Do Olympic Athletes Earn? Unless You're Michael Phelps, Not Enough

And this is an OLD article. So those days of just "doing it to represent my country" are LONG GONE.

I remember reading, decades ago, that the skiers, like the Maher brothers, got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, but under the rules that were still in place for skiers at the time, they were still amateurs because it went into trust funds.

A $25,000 gold medal bonus paid to a "max" salary, NBA player is much less than one day's pay for a month or more of work.

I just saw a headline on a sportspage indicating that Wade has just pulled an Emily Litella.

I remember reading, decades ago, that the skiers, like the Maher brothers, got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, but under the rules that were still in place for skiers at the time, they were still amateurs because it went into trust funds.

A $25,000 gold medal bonus paid to a "max" salary, NBA player is much less than one day's pay for a month or more of work.

I just saw a headline on a sportspage indicating that Wade has just pulled an Emily Litella.

That just the American players... in some countries, due to sponsors, they make more. Whether it goes to a trust fund or not...they got paid. And, if you win multiple, medals...you can reach almost 6 figures.

The ONLY amateur sports around are the little league teams. They Olympics are NO LONGER amateur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts