E! HD and BBCA HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No. We got some other Cinemax and HBO channels last month.

Still waiting for AMC HD and some of the non-premium HD channels. It's gonna be a long wait.

I think it's a waste of bandwidth for the west cost feeds to be on CONUS. Why not put them on spot beams for better usage? With DVR's, VOD, HBOGo and MaxGo, who needs all that.

I want to see more variety. E!, Style, G4, DIY, AMC, BBCA, TruTV, ID, Cooking, We, Oxygen, IFC, just to name a few. They are all unique variety channels that would bring a more well rounded overall HD Lineup. I appreciate the multiple screens for premiums, but they all show the same stuff over and over. Like I said with today's technology you can still see premium content more on your schedule via web, VOD and DVR. I can't imagine not having a DVR. What is DVR service cost these days? Less than $10 /month I think. So pack a friggen sandwich for lunch 2 more days a month instead of eating out.

truTV HD is a 1080i high definition simulcast of truTV, which is available from Dish Network along with cable television providers such as AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Cable, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS. DirecTV added a temporary part-time HD feed of the channel for coverage of the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, with the full-time 24 hour version coming later this year.

Storage Hunters and Hardcore Pawn, if you into them kind shows, but you right Trutv don't have have much to offer

Aside from the cop shows and Worlds Dumbest, there is absolutely nothing 'tru' about trutv. All of their stupid 'reality' shows (hardcore pawn, storage wars, op repo, SFS) are scripted crap. They're only good if there's nothing else on. It's a channel that could go the way of G4 and not many would notice.

Yeah if D would add E HD, ID HD, Diy HD I would be a happy camper! Oh and I wish they would include Fox Soccer in their Ultimate package like E has it in their top 250.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Dish actually has E! HD (AT 120 or Dish Latino Max), ID HD (AT 200--was in AT 250 at one time), and DIY HD (AT 250 or Dish Latino Max). Fox Soccer Channel (also in HD) is in America's Top 120+ (although not in America's Top 200...I guess it is to make the $5 worthwhile from going to AT120 to AT120+ along with RSN(s) and Fuel TV) or America's Top 250 as well as in Dish Latino Dos.

I do understand your frustration. We were upset to find the Encores and west feeds of The Movie Channel and The Movie Channel Xtra on Dish in America's Top 250. Finally, D* added the comparable Choice Ultimate package, but unfortunately, it was too late because we switched. Hopefully, they actually read and respond to what you wrote.

Aside from the cop shows and Worlds Dumbest, there is absolutely nothing 'tru' about trutv. All of their stupid 'reality' shows (hardcore pawn, storage wars, op repo, SFS) are scripted crap. They're only good if there's nothing else on. It's a channel that could go the way of G4 and not many would notice.

I liked tru tv more when it was court tv.

It still amazes me how nobody is ever satisfied with what they've got. Need i remind everyone that it wasn't that long ago that there were NO HD channels because there was NO HD. High definition is great, I think just about everyone would agree with that. But, please people, not everyone can have his own way. Just remember that HD is still in its relative beginning and it will take time for all providers to catch up. At some point in the future everyone will be able to have what he/she wants because everyone is demanding and nobody is ever happy. Perhaps maybe we should go back to the pre-HD days when a big 35-inch CRT standard definition picture looked really great!!! In comparison to HD that picture looked awful, but back then it was considered great. Everything is relative to some extent. Please just keep in mind that, in terms of television, we have it really good right now, and it will only get better. D* has been a leader in HD from the beginning and at some point they will try to appease everyone. If, after weighing all the factors, you happen to feel that E* or cable is better for you than D*, then by all means that should be your decision. But I find it hard to believe that one or two HD channels being offered on one provider is enough to sway you over another. There are plenty of SD channels that I would like to have in HD but can't, however I am patient and will wait until D* can and will carry them. In the meantime, I will enjoy D* for what I like, which is sports and other programming, and I will enjoy most of it in HD. I realize I can't have everything, but considering just 15 years ago I thought my cable system with 60 channels was awesome, I think I can live with DirecTV's selection of 170 HD CHANNELS, even if they are not all that I watch. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with you about most not being satisfied with HD offerings. However, not everyone is happy about price either. Therefore, I do not think that subs will be happy if there are any more increases in cost; however, most want more HD.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but we are getting 4 new HD channels according to a flyer I just got in the mail from D*.

On 7/27, we get 5Starmax HD East, WMax HD East, @Max HD east, and HBO2 HD West.

Good news for Max subs who had to put with paying about $13/month for only 3 Max channels for such a long time. However, what bothers me is if those Max subs are SD subs who cannot view those HD channels and are paying the same price. Hopefully, they upgrade to an HD receiver or HD receivers. In addition, good news for the HBO sub who pays about $16/month.

Where are they? I watch quite a bit on both channels and I would like the HD feed. My old small town cable system even had E! HD.

What is taking so long for D* to add them?

Since you asked where they are, E! HD [America's Top 120 and Dish Latino Max] and BBC America HD [America's Top 200 and Dish Latino Max] are on Dish Network.
I hope that DirecTV adds them soon for you, though.
My guess with E! is probably relations with Comcast over G4. Dish had some conflict with them, and Comcast was going to pull E! HD and Style HD. I found that weird since Dish also has G4 HD.

Since you asked where they are, E! HD [America's Top 120 and Dish Latino Max] and BBC America HD [America's Top 200 and Dish Latino Max] are on Dish Network.
I hope that DirecTV adds them soon for you, though.
My guess with E! is probably relations with Comcast over G4. Dish had some conflict with them, and Comcast was going to pull E! HD and Style HD. I found that weird since Dish also has G4 HD.

I watch BBCA, but the rest of the channels you mentioned I think I have watched a total of 5 minutes in the last 10 years .... and that was just while passing by on the way to other channels ...

lacubs said:
truTV HD is a 1080i high definition simulcast of truTV, which is available from Dish Network along with cable television providers such as AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Cable, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS. DirecTV added a temporary part-time HD feed of the channel for coverage of the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, with the full-time 24 hour version coming later this year.

So that latest DirecTV ad "all hd all the time" is BS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts