E-mail or Phone Call?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It sounds like you have covered the potential problems, and it does sound like you have a bad dvr. When you call them, tell them the bad one won't even turn on. They should send you another one. You may have to pay $20 for shipping, but that is all. Also, make sure they don't extend your commitment since the dvr is defective. Oh, and they will want the old one back. Directv will send you a prepaid shipping box for it. Make sure to return it as soon as possible.
Edit: It just occurred to me that no one suggested changing your bbcs. Those are the small barrel shaped connectors on the back of the dvr. Try switching them from one dvr to the other and see if that helps. Good luck and make sure to let us know how it goes! BTW, those signal levels are still a bit low and should be able to be improved.

OK, there's a thought. I'll try switching out the bbcs. I have a couple extra, just need to look for them. I'll switch and let you know. I'm sure I can improve those signals. But it was getting dark and my only help was my 10yr old that needed to go to bed:)

Thanks again, I'll do the bbcs before I contact D*

OK, there's a thought. I'll try switching out the bbcs. I have a couple extra, just need to look for them. I'll switch and let you know. I'm sure I can improve those signals. But it was getting dark and my only help was my 10yr old that needed to go to bed:)

Thanks again, I'll do the bbcs before I contact D*

Hey, this has been going on so long that I feel like I have a stake in it! ;) BTW, my name is Chip, Raoul5788 is just a screen name.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts