E* NFL ST commercial

Remember I was the first to criticize Direct when they had a misleading commercial during a baseball game. The commentator said, "Get every game in HD all year long on DirecTV." I came out and actually said they were lying. I have since changed it to misleading.

They can make creative commercials that are successful that do not invlove stretching the truth or misleading the viewers. Most of the Dish commercial I posted about was creative, accurate, honest, and successful. They did not need to mislead the viewers with their sports comment.

Remember...I LEFT D* as a SUB for misleading ME!

They said they offered twice as much HD as E*, and they were only talking about locals and national feeds of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX. a statement that is 'technically' true...but at the time when the expectations of more HD were much higher, they sorely oversold what they had to offer...

Yawn......

Everyone lies in their ads, why should we care now?

:sleeo
Well when I'm asked by a friend today why did I convince him to go with D* over E* because he really wanted ST, he saw the ad and asked me why I talked him into getting ripped off out of $400 or so. I didn't realize at first until he mentioned the E* ad and I remember seeing it last night during the SNF game. E* makes it sound like you're getting ST + SF free of charge from them. When I explained that they're just saying you still get NFL games without the $400, you are just getting the same 5 weekly games(double header, single game, sunday night, monday night). So here in Jax for example, he wouldn't be able to see the 49ers every week like he wants to. He then understood it was just a misleading ad. I wonder how many subs E* will get and then lose once football season starts after Joe the Plumber sees this ad?

It would be interesting to see what spin E* would put on their baseball coverage since they don't have MLB.

I guess they didn't address that in that commercial because they want to save one little white lie for each commercial...

It would be interesting to see what spin E* would put on their baseball coverage since they don't have MLB.

I guess they didn't address that in that commercial because they want to save one little white lie for each commercial...

We appreciate your completely objective commentary:rolleyes:...lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts