EA LNB’s

What are the differences between the different EA LNB’s. Like the three satellite ones vs the two satellite ones?
Unless your market happens to be one of the slim few where your hd locals are on the 77 satellite it isn't needed, the 3 satellite lnb adds the 77 satellite which is mostly sd duplicates of the HD channels on the other 2 but a few select markets have their locals on it otherwise you don't need it since all your channels would be on 61.5 and the 72 birds

What are the differences between the different EA LNB’s. Like the three satellite ones vs the two satellite ones?
3 satellite ones receive signals from 3 satellites, 2 satellite ones receive signals from 2 satellites. 1000.4 satellite dishes are designed for 3 satellites, 1000.2 dishes are designed for 2 satellites.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Good to know. I didn’t know the point of the 77 sat. A couple years ago my neighbor had dish with the 3 LNB’s. Apparently that’s all the tech had when it was installed. Does it also work as a fallback when one sats signal is weak?

Good to know. I didn’t know the point of the 77 sat. A couple years ago my neighbor had dish with the 3 LNB’s. Apparently that’s all the tech had when it was installed. Does it also work as a fallback when one sats signal is weak?
More than likely something was broadcast off 77 that your neighbor subscribed to. DISH changes broadcasts from one satellite to another at will. A local channel from 77 could move to 61.5 if DISH makes room on 61.5.

No the receiver doesn't search for the strongest signal. If DISH programs the receiver to go to sat 61.5 transponder 11 for a channel that is where the receiver tunes for that channel.

Is it possible that this could've just been a Western Arc dish? Western arc always has 3

Reactions: bspei
Is it possible that this could've just been a Western Arc dish? Western arc always has 3

If that was the case I would be on WA. The tech that installed wouldn’t put the dish where our las One was because he said there wouldn’t be a signal. I apparently only have EA signal even though dish align says I have WA LOS. Other people around here can get WA though. But that’s about 7 miles south of me.

If that was the case I would be on WA. The tech that installed wouldn’t put the dish where our las One was because he said there wouldn’t be a signal. I apparently only have EA signal even though dish align says I have WA LOS. Other people around here can get WA though. But that’s about 7 miles south of me.

I requested EA specifically, but some (most) of the folks here in town have WA. I'm not sure which region you're in; I'm right in the middle of the country (Extreme eastern Kansas/Western Missouri) and most locals here are simulcast on both arcs. So it's installer perogative out here

Reactions: Joe891
If you can have both arcs, which holds signal better, or are they pretty much equal? Living in Iowa, AT&T (directv) at the moment, I'll lose signal about 10 minutes before a T-Storm hits and usually only out for 15 minutes or so... all dependent on speed of storm.

Eastern arc would be about the same, just losing signal after the storm passes? Better or worse?

Reactions: littlecloud319
If you can have both arcs, which holds signal better, or are they pretty much equal? Living in Iowa, AT&T (directv) at the moment, I'll lose signal about 10 minutes before a T-Storm hits and usually only out for 15 minutes or so... all dependent on speed of storm.

Eastern arc would be about the same, just losing signal after the storm passes? Better or worse?

Except for the parts of the country the other posters mentioned, it mostly comes down to local channels and spot beams.

So, if your locals are on both arcs, and you are on the edge of a spot beam on one arc, and closer to the middle on the other, go with the one that best covers you. The maps tool on this site is a great resource for finding out ;)

If locals don't matter to you, and your dish is peaked correctly, then EA and WA shouldn't make much difference in Iowa, I wouldn't think. Your area is close enough to mine that I can feel pretty confident saying that.

Reactions: Riverpilot
Except for the parts of the country the other posters mentioned, it mostly comes down to local channels and spot beams.

So, if your locals are on both arcs, and you are on the edge of a spot beam on one arc, and closer to the middle on the other, go with the one that best covers you. The maps tool on this site is a great resource for finding out ;)

If locals don't matter to you, and your dish is peaked correctly, then EA and WA shouldn't make much difference in Iowa, I wouldn't think. Your area is close enough to mine that I can feel pretty confident saying that.

Can you provide a link to current spot beams. I’m in the Green Bay Wisconsin market which says I can have either arc. Have signal issues on EA for even the lightest storm.

I believe the Triple EA LNBF comes with the DPP 1000.4 dish and the Dual EA LNBF comes with the DPP 1000.2 dish. That makes them not interchangeable.

The DPP 1000.4 and the DPP 1000.2 do have an EA LNBF available for each.

I believe the Triple EA LNBF comes with the DPP 1000.4 dish and the Dual EA LNBF comes with the DPP 1000.2 dish. That makes them not interchangeable.

"Dishes" do not normally come with LNB's...at least when you order thru E*; you order each piece separately appropriate to your location/situation.

There ARE actually (2) different DPP triple EA LNB's, that are available, for both the 1000.4 & 1000.2 dishes...however, the dual EA LNB ONLY fits the 1000.2 dish. (they never made one for the 1000.4 dish)
DISH Network 1000.2 Eastern Arc LNB for Satellites 61.5 72.7 and 77 (157092) from Solid Signal

There ARE also (2) different DPP triple LNB's for WA as well, again for both the 1000.4 & 1000.2 dishes. I still have a 1000.4 dish on WA myself.

This being said, the 1000.4 LNB's in either case, are in short supply, since AFAIK they stopped making 1000.4 dishes altogether some time ago.

The DPP 1000.4 and the DPP 1000.2 do have an EA LNBF available for each.
Nope...The EA setup required an LNB that has one lens cover for the 72.7 and 77 slots. and the singular cap over the lnb that received the 61.5 sigs...
The WA antenna uses the three individual LNB look ...110/119 and 129

Just to confuse the issue a bit, as a very mobile RV'er, I have a 1000.4 dish that I switch LNB's between EA and WA as needed for the best LOS and/or to get the locals for the area. At times, having the capability to receive the 77 sat on EA has made the difference between getting the locals or not when the tree cover only has a big enough hole for the 72.7 and the 77, but not the 72.7 and the wider spaced 61.5.
Nope...The EA setup required an LNB that has one lens cover for the 72.7 and 77 slots. and the singular cap over the lnb that received the 61.5 sigs...
The WA antenna uses the three individual LNB look ...110/119 and 129

Check the photos. Both are EA triple LNB's mounted on 1K4 dishes. They both still have three LNB's and the spread between the 61.5 and 72.7 sats is still obviously larger than the spread betwen the 72.7 and 77 sats. Just two different styles of caps on the 77 & 72.7 pair.

2017-03-27 12.52.44.jpg
2014-06-15 15.26.15.jpg

Now I am confused. What is the difference between the 1K.4 dish and the 1K.2 dish other than the adjustment mechanism? Curvature,focal length?
I have used the 1K.4 that was setup for WA and changed it to a 2 sat EA DPP and now it has and EA hybrid. I have also used the 1K.2 with 2 sat EA DPP. Which dish should be used with the EA hybrid?
The dish on my house,installed by a Dish installer, is a 1K.4 with the EA hybrid.