EA LNB’s

The WA lnb for 1000.2 and 1000.4 are totally different. Here are photos of the two, side by side, the 1000.4 being the larger.

adish.jpg
adish2.jpg

It would make sense that to utilize the extra size of the 1000.4 the spacing would be different. Maybe the 1000.2 lnb on the 1000.4 dish may not be optimum but for the low cost of it I would try it. Or just get the complete 1000.2 setup. It probably just gives you the signal strength it would have had on a 1000.2 dish. I don't ever remember using the elevation adjustment. So I don't think it was important. I even used mine a few times with the RV and never used it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So what do I need to order? A 1000.4 dish and then purchase the WA LNB assembly separate. Will it all bolt together ok?
You're best bet if you insist on a 1000.4 dish/WA LNB, is going to be e-bay. You probably won't find very many, if any, brand new & the price will be appropriate for their "rareness"; here's an example:
Dish Network 1000.4 Satellite Tailgate KIT Western Arc WEST 119 129 110 LNB HD

As I posted, I have the 1000.4 dish & (correct) WA LNB, but quite honestly, you're just not going to see THAT much more signal with this kind of dish; probably less than a dozen points on the receiver signal scale at best. But as others have pointed out, if you try shoving the incorrect LNB on the dish, it's then probably going to be a total wash - or could actually be lower - on just sticking with a 1000.2 dish (or your current dish) to begin with. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts