Easier way to set Favorite Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Varnson

Original poster
Feb 13, 2007
I've been frustrated with the HR-21's ease of setting channels in the custom channels list settings (or favorites, or whatever). The only way I know to do this is to use Menu->Settings>Favorites>Edit (or something to that effect) and select/deselect the channels I want.

The problem is that this screen has little or no information on the channels themselves. Many are listed as DTV, many as AUG, and none have any sort of description. This requires that I bounce between the "Guide" and this "Edit" screen to cut out all the PPV, HSN's, and other channels which I have no interest in.

Is there an easier way to do this? Can I delete a channel directly from the guide with some super secret button? Even better, could I do this over the web on D*'s site (I know the answer is "no" here, but a boy can dream...)

Sorry if this is common knowledge or already in a million threads...I tried searching, honest!

When i setup my fave's .. i used a list like this one ...

List of DirecTV channels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to check which channels i thought i might want ....

made a note of the channel numbers .. then went into the menu/edit screen and checked the ones i wanted .. as this is probably a one-time deal .... its worth the extra bit of time up-front to make sure that you don;t block off something that you might want.

I found most of the "DTV" channels were "info" type stations that i just blocked out anyways.

I don't now if there is another way to do it, but I would love something on their website.

Found myself doing the same thing the other day, with all the changes in the RSN's I've had to update my list frequently and finally printed out the WIKI to straighten out the various XM channels I didn't want. The editing screen really sucks when displaying a name, XM... not very helpful.

Wonder if we should have sticky for the wiki on the main direct message board, think its more up to date than any of the Direct lists.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirecTV installers in NJ

Fxhd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)