Easter Eggs (hidden options)

greglwood

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Is it inappropriate to talk about? Was wondering what options might be available, like the bridging option.

greglwood said:
Is it inappropriate to talk about? Was wondering what options might be available, like the bridging option.

I'm not sure I would call the bridging settings an Easter egg, it's a sub menu, but not hidden. That quibble aside, I don't think anyone would mind discussing receiver Easter egg features. I haven't heard of any reported for the Hopper (as of yet).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What do you mean by sub menu. the on screen button did not show up until i hit the blue button on the remote twice.

Only Easter Eggs I can think of would be if you have set programing up to be Hidden such as PPV, VOD or Adult channels. These are things that the user would hide, not Dish. Nothing else is hidden unless you can't figure out the various ways to get to sub menus.(Note that I would not consider having to hit a button twice constitutes something being an Easter Egg, Dish has used this method of getting to sub menus for many years.

The BETA and TOOLS menus removed in the new software that would unbrick a hopper or a joey that refused to download. Ridiculous

Sent from my fingers.

garys said:
Only Easter Eggs I can think of would be if you have set programing up to be Hidden such as PPV, VOD or Adult channels. These are things that the user would hide, not Dish. Nothing else is hidden unless you can't figure out the various ways to get to sub menus.(Note that I would not consider having to hit a button twice constitutes something being an Easter Egg, Dish has used this method of getting to sub menus for many years.

Not being a long time user of dish, how would I have known that there was a hidden option to bridge? What on the screen or in the manual would alert me that this screen has a hidden button.?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)