eastern arc clarification needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SatelliteGAL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Amherst, NY (Buffalo suburb)
As simply as I can ask this..... We need to move our sat dishes so we figured it would be nice if we could go from 2 dishes to 1. We have two 622 receivers that I received new cards for and one 722 that we have only had a couple months so I am assuming it is current. Our current setup has a dp44 switch ... 119, 110, 61.5 sats.
If I purchase the 1000.4 dish will I be able to receive everything via eastern arc or is there something dish needs to do for my specific area which is a suburb of Buffalo. They have never mentioned Buffalo as an area it is available.

Yes, I did a search but could not find a definitive answer.

You would have to just make sure your Locals SD and HD ,and your RSN's Are on the 61.5,72.5 or 77 satellites. That would be the only issue. Are you in buffalo?

I am a suburb of buffalo yes 14226. The last I knew (havent checked in a while) the only thing on 61.5 was my HD including my locals. I guess you are saying I need to look at the list to see where my others are.

Not all Local HD channels are available on the Eastern Arc yet and this is why it is not currently being offered in the Buffalo DMA. I cannot see the 110 or 119 because of trees and am holding out hope that they will move the remaining local channels onto the eastern arc. I talked to an installer this weekend who said the E* tech support folks are regularly telling him to check the eastern arc for those with no line of sight and he, the installer, has to tell them that they arent doing 1000.4 eastern arc installs in this area yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts