Eastern Arc Dish Info & Install Guide

As far as I know all the international channels that are moving off of 61.5 have already been moved off.

I talked to a tech support guy on Saturday night and when I asked he informed me that more internationals would be moved off of 61.5 starting in september. He couldn't tell me which ones would go first, but did indicate that my setup would have to be changed in the next few months to get 110, 118, 119 and 129 rather than the 61.5, 110, 119 that I get right now.

I wonder if a existing customer that gets tree'd out for 110 & 119 with other peoples trees will be able to go eastern arc earlier? It would seem to be a no brainer, OTOH.

1) The EA SD channels are LOWER resolution than the SD MPEG2 channels. The EA SD channels are 480x480 resolution right now. The MPEG 2 ones are 480x5*cough*0. :) Don't know the exact number. :) I think 520?

3&5)HD at 61.5° is available to all subscribers now.

See ya
Tony

Last time I looked it was mostly 544 by 480 a DVB resolution.

It's 544 X 480. I know this because some MPEG2 editors refuse to let you edit that non-standard resolution. I think it was some version of Tsunami's MPEG Editor that forced me to something standard, such as DVD (720X480) or SVCD (480X480). The latter shows annoying jaggies on every DVD player I have, even on my fairly crappy 29" Samsung CRT SDTV. 544 X 480 MPEG2, on the other hand, plays and looks fine, just like it does directly out of the receiver.

I cannot imagine how DirectTV viewers can accept such awful PQ, if indeed they have MPEG2 decoders/scalers as bad as mine.

DVDpatcher to 720 by 480, add to TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5 or 1.6, Patch back to 544 by 480 and edit in TMPGEnc DVD author. Author, Burn watch in every DVD player I have including a Sony 400 disc changer. Same quality as broadcast by E*. No encoding needed.

will I have to change my dish ?

Last year I "moved" from wisconsin to chicago area to get their channels. I put my own dishs up to receive 110,119 and 129, having a larger dish for 129. I subscribe to just about everything except the foreign channels. Will I have to put up new dish(s)and if I do will I still be able to put it up myself as my "service address" is not the same as my billing address.
jerryd

I wonder how the (Compression) quality of the EA MPEG4 SD stuff compares to the Legacy MPEG2 SD... If the SD stuff looked clearer that'd be worthwile upgrade right there. The legacy MPEG2 SD stuff is nearly unwatchable at times.

only 3 channels on 72

Just pointed my dish at 72.7, using a VIP211 receiver. The guide only showed 3 channels. 2 sifi ( 1 SD, 1 HD) and 1 PPV. I thought the eastern arc was goining live today?
The 211 would not bring a pix, it does not have the correct card, but I thought the guide would show the core programming??

Am going to have Dish installed, and have a couple of questions. Is there a backlog on EA enabled equipment? And can I get WA with the same receivers if I "move"

You can use the receivers for either Eastern or Western arc, The dishes will work sort of. My best guess is that the EA dish won't see all the WA satellites. OTOH if by moving you physically moving from NJ to Calif. then the dishes don't matter as the old dishes stay behind.

If you mean moving to get different locals that are on the WA that could be a problem in terms of teh receivers authorization for channels.

As I see it EA customers that want to "Move" for different locals will need to stay with EA locals and Vice Versa for WA customers.

not getting any job for the EA in my area, east coast area, dont even have the dishs on hand. we got some info on them today but just the basic.

my question is , when are we going to see the w/o's

Does anyone know when the Atlanta market is supposed to be available for the Eastern Arc?

I've lost line of sight to the 119 satellite and have line of sight to the 61.5/77/72.7 satellites.

Thanks.

Ahh here is a good one that was just sent to me, it really explains what Eastern Arc is and how it all works.

This is a very good read.
This may be mor suited to the installer zone..but..
I am interetsted to see the rules regarding the EA. Suppose I go to a job and the unlikely occurs; I have NLOS to the EA but WA is in the clear. I wonder how many flaming hoops I will have to jump thru to get the job done.

This may be mor suited to the installer zone..but..
I am interetsted to see the rules regarding the EA. Suppose I go to a job and the unlikely occurs; I have NLOS to the EA but WA is in the clear. I wonder how many flaming hoops I will have to jump thru to get the job done.

you call the csc and tell them which of the los you have, if you dont have the los for ea tyhen you will have to install for the wa, but you will have to let csc know which code to add to the work order
since ea is all mpeg 4 and wa is mpeg 2.

dont think it would change the recievers much but dishes maybe, we where informed of this this morning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts