Eastern Arc Having Troubles?

All of 72 looked dead, 77 was fluctuating. Everything came back up as I was typing this.

My signal's coming and going, between functional, and partial and complete signal loss. Receiver seems to be on 77. Dish not answering their phone and their online login says the system is currently not available. Someone's hiding.

Check signal in the menu, has 3 columns. The first is 13,16,20,21 and the other two are headed by receiver 1 and receiver 2 icons. Their values after running the test are 37,35,35,44 and 46,39,38,46. No idea what that means...

Spot beams on 61.5 are holding. Otherwise every transponder on 61.5, 72.7, & 77 are up and down. You can watch the signal plummet while you're checking the strength. It's waxing and waning for some reason.

Wow. It's really been dropping in and out A LOT in the past 30 minutes or so.
Does anybody know if Colorado is having any Big storms? That will sometimes cause major signal losses.

Wouldn't make much sense,my wife is watching her 722 and its on western arc.Hasn't skipped a beat.

Good then it is not me. I was getting rather peeved off at all the receivers showing the stupid Acquiring Satellite Signal and cursing FiOS for still not being available here. Glad it is not the weather or a problem with our dish or switch.

The DISH Earth channel is still broadcasting pics of the Earth, so there's still a satellite in the sky (just checking to make sure it wasn't disabled by space debris.

The 800-333-DISH number is busy. That's not a good sound...

Weather-wise, I don't see much precipitation in WY. Where are the Eastern Arc satellites uplinked from?

On Eastern Arc; without knowing what bird I was on, I had complete signal loss around these same times while watching Encore. When the receiver recovered, I switched to one of my locals (on 61.5), and then that became pixelated before going to total signal loss.

As I can see the stars in the sky, I just figured either my 722 was dying or Dish was having issues. After regaining signal I had a few more outages, but its been stable now.

I experienced same total signal loss. Was watching History channel HD Voices of 911. Went out about 10:21pm came back like 9 mins later. happened again on Star's Suspense. And no explaination from Dish. Really?

This past Thursday night, I am on the western arc and I was getting signal loss 3 to 4 times for my local nbc station. I'm not sure if it was happening to you guys or if it was just my receiver?

Some EA is uplinked from Gilbert, Az and they are having some weather events there.

National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary

Since they are pointing east through the storm it's no wonder the signal wasn't reaching the satellite. If they had increased the uplink power in Gilbert and increased the satellite's gain as the storm moved in way then they could have recovered any loss, but it seems like no one was awake at Gilbert TOC. And also since 72 is a Canadian satellite they might not have direct access to making such on the fly changes from Gilbert. But in Cheyenne I am sure they have access to send a command to increase gain on board 72.

Attachments

• 9pm mst.JPG
    9pm mst.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
From Twitter

@dish_answers DISH Answers
An Uplink Center went down and just came back online. Thanks for your patience. you may need to reset your receiver *LF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts