Eastern Arc Install Questions

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I have installed my own equipment for years since my first DISH back in 98'....I need to switch over to Eastern Arc because of a very large oak tree that is now blocking 110 and gives a low signal during the summer with 119.....My questions are....

1) When peaking the signal which location should you do first? second? third?....

2) Which transponders should you use to peak each location?

3) Should I run a direct line for each location to the 722 directly to peak signal or can I go through the 4-4 switch?

Thanks Very Much

answers on EA

I have installed my own equipment for years since my first DISH back in 98'....I need to switch over to Eastern Arc because of a very large oak tree that is now blocking 110 and gives a low signal during the summer with 119.....My questions are....

1) When peaking the signal which location should you do first? second? third?....

2) Which transponders should you use to peak each location?

3) Should I run a direct line for each location to the 722 directly to peak signal or can I go through the 4-4 switch?

Thanks Very Much

1) 72.7 is center bird on EA. find it 1st
2) 17 will work others may like a diff.
3) I have a DPP-44 & go thru switch.
YMMV

I am a tech and when I install, I always look for the 61.5/tp 14. I peak that as high as possible and then the others are always there, peaked. I have tried to go other ways, and this seems to be the best.

I am a tech and when I install, I always look for the 61.5/tp 14. I peak that as high as possible and then the others are always there, peaked. I have tried to go other ways, and this seems to be the best.

I peaked on 72.7 like the instructions said to do and I am getting 70 on transponder 14 on 61.5 sat. So I guess you can peak it either way. I am also getting at least 50 or better on every transponder on 77 sat and between 60 - 70 on all the transponders on 72.7.