Eastern Arc Local HD looks terrible

smakovits

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
Not sure where my issue is, but lately, last month or two, I have been noticing my local HD channels via the Eastern Arc looking terrible. The picture is very grainy to put it best. If I flip over to the off-air HD feed, the picture is normal as I would expect. This is both on my 722 and 222? so I dont know if it is the receiver. Does anyone else know or experience a similar issue, as I would love to resolve this before the Super Bowl. Thanks

It may very well be the EA, I am in Massanutten VA and have noticed the picture did seem to degrade about 4-5 weeks ago for me. It's not terrible but seems to have softened some what. I thought at first I may have moved the dish slightly when I had to get the snow off of it but signals are fine and the settings on the dish have not changed. I even changed out stb's from the 1 tv (612 changed to 211K) still the same

Last edited:
Is it only on your locals? I just posted on another thread that I thought the picture on most of my channels seemed to not be as sharp looking as it used to. I thought it might be the cold. It must be that dish it taking bandwidth away from chanels to use for other chanels. I am on EA in cincinnati.

Is it only on your locals? I just posted on another thread that I thought the picture on most of my channels seemed to not be as sharp looking as it used to. I thought it might be the cold. It must be that dish it taking bandwidth away from chanels to use for other chanels. I am on EA in cincinnati.

I am also in Cincinnati but I don't see any problems with my eastern arch setup.
The picture is just fine. If it were me I would have my dish check for proper pointing.
Oh by the way last night Chan 12 was running a crawl which said they had worked on their transmitter and you should re scan Chan 12 for your OA and converter boxes.
Just a FYI.

Last edited:

Not all my channels seem soft as far as the picture quality but some have lost detail and sharpness, 'llI have too see which ones and then see what satellite they are on

I guess I can say the same for some other channels, although not as noticeable and not all the time. ESPN, looks great one day and soft the next, same with some others.

Kind of annoying. I guess I will call Dish and see what they say. If there is nothing, then in 6 months I may consider the jump to Uverse as it was finally approved in my city. The key for me is ensuring I can still get Center Ice HD. I have been a big supporter of Dish the last 3 years, telling people how great it is and until recently it was. Now I just dont see the same pop from my picture and it is really beginning to bother me. I used to settle for OTA local HD to fix it, but if I do that, why the heck did I get EA in the first place.

I guess I can say the same for some other channels, although not as noticeable and not all the time. ESPN, looks great one day and soft the next, same with some others.

Kind of annoying. I guess I will call Dish and see what they say. If there is nothing, then in 6 months I may consider the jump to Uverse as it was finally approved in my city. The key for me is ensuring I can still get Center Ice HD. I have been a big supporter of Dish the last 3 years, telling people how great it is and until recently it was. Now I just dont see the same pop from my picture and it is really beginning to bother me. I used to settle for OTA local HD to fix it, but if I do that, why the heck did I get EA in the first place.

What kind of display are you viewing SAT content on? Plasma, LCD, RPTV, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts