Eastern Arc Phila PA and Locals

willr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
se pa
Today they installed my 1000.4 dish and added a 612 receiver. The 612 is for my Daughter, hooked up to a SD TV (shhhh, Christmas is coming). The tech who installed the new dish wanted to remove my DP44, I told him NO, I want to use it so I can run a temp cable out to my RV when company comes for the weekend. Then he wanted to remove my 110/119 dish 500, I told him no, It's mine and I want to keep it. I told him him just replace the 61.5 dish with the 1000.4, then pull the 61.5, 110 and 119 cables and run the 3 from the 1000.4 to the dpp44. No problems, works fine. Daughter comes home, first thing she says is "Dad, why are 3, 6, 10 and 29 (Phila locals) only shown only in HD? So I check my 622's, same thing. Call Dishnetwork, after a lot of CSR asking questions, having me reboot the box, sending signals, etc, I got them to agree that the SD version of Phila locals is not on the Eastern Arc Sats, it is only on 110. So I said "thanks" and hung up. good thing I kept all my old equipment. I just ran out and hooked the 110 cable from the dish 500 up to the 4th port of the DP44, ran a switch test and now I have SD locals again

Dish does not feel you need them on the EA dish since only HD receivers are used, the sd channels you are getting are all mpeg4 and take up less space. The sd versions of the HD channels are not supplied so they can use the space for more HD channels.

Adding a receiver

Losing HD signals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)