Eastern Arc Setup: Electronic Program Guide?

dj_osbo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Ohio
I'm wondering if anyone has a "pure" Eastern Arc setup (61.5, 72.7 and 77 only) and is getting complete Electronic Program Guide data. I'm specifically interested in Cincinnati, which has a mixture of HD locals and SD locals. In addition, if one is located north of Cincinnati (as am I), then it's also possible to get the Dayton locals over the air. It would be nice to have a complete program guide. Thanks in advance for any experiences and insight!

I would be interested also as I am north of Cincinnati actually neared to Dayton. I think I saw somewhere that the locals EPG is only on the 110 sat so EA would not get the HD local guide info. That would not be good for DVR recording.

I only have Eastern Arc. My guide goes through noon on Friday, December 5. Isn't that the full guide (around 9 days)?

I only have Eastern Arc. My guide goes through noon on Friday, December 5. Isn't that the full guide (around 9 days)?

What city? Does the guide contain all of the standard definition and over-the-air listings? Thanks!

Check Digi's uplink reports and find EEPG channel on one of three sats.

I have found most of your posts to be less than helpful. This one is no exception. If you know the information, then just provide it. However, if you don't know the information, then don't waste my time by telling me to search through dozens of lengthy uplink reports.

I'm wondering if anyone has a "pure" Eastern Arc setup (61.5, 72.7 and 77 only) and is getting complete Electronic Program Guide data. I'm specifically interested in Cincinnati, which has a mixture of HD locals and SD locals. In addition, if one is located north of Cincinnati (as am I), then it's also possible to get the Dayton locals over the air. It would be nice to have a complete program guide. Thanks in advance for any experiences and insight!
I have EA and I get the complete guide. Cincinnati does not get the dayton locals over the dish HD. You would have to pick them up via the over the air tuner with a powered antenna, depending on where you are. Why would you think you would not get the complete guide?

I have EA and I get the complete guide. Cincinnati does not get the dayton locals over the dish HD. You would have to pick them up via the over the air tuner with a powered antenna, depending on where you are. Why would you think you would not get the complete guide?

Nothing that I wrote indicated that I thought Cincinnati would get Dayton locals via satellite. The reason I asked the question regarding the EEPG is that I have read conflicting statements regarding the Eastern Arc EEPG, and I wanted to get some actual experience reports, particularly from anyone in Cincinnati with a "pure" Eastern Arc setup.

Nothing that I wrote indicated that I thought Cincinnati would get Dayton locals via satellite. The reason I asked the question regarding the EEPG is that I have read conflicting statements regarding the Eastern Arc EEPG, and I wanted to get some actual experience reports, particularly from anyone in Cincinnati with a "pure" Eastern Arc setup.
Man calm down! Misunderstood!

I was able to answer my own question on Friday. I now have a "pure" Eastern Arc setup (61.5, 72.7 & 77 only) with Cincinnati locals. I receive the Dayton stations over the air. The electronic program guide includes complete information for all of the stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)