Eastern or Western Arc better in NC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

royalty227

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Pinehurst, NC
In Pinehurst NC, south of Raleigh, slightly west of I-95. Raleigh locals are on 129 & 61.5. On 129, I lose the signal anytime there are heavy clouds or almost any rain at all. 110 & 119 stay on much longer or until really heavy rain. Would I be better to switch to other arc, if I have line of sight. I've got 1000.4 dish now, but still had to use a 300 dish in a different location to get 129, so it doesn't lose the signal often. Could I use the dish that I have for the change? Or could I use a 500 dish + a 300 dish for 61.5, which I have on hand? I have a signal meter and have installed several dishes myself, so I won't need installation. Thanks.

I would say Eastern Arc would be better for you since you're right on the east coast. In my opinion, I'm surprised you can hit 129 at all from where your at. If you got the 1000.4 already, just make sure you get the LNB for Eastern Arc, point it in the right direction, and you should be all set. Hopefully, you have line of sight. If you don't have the EA LNB and don't feel like spending the money to buy one, you can use the 500 for 77 and 72.7 and the 300 for 61.5 as well. Good luck with the install.

Thanks for the help. But I was wrong. I actually have a 1000 Plus installed because my HD locals were originally on 118.7, then DISH moved them to 61.5 & 129. Can the 1000+ be modified to work for 61.5, 72.7 & 77 or do I need to use the 500 dish in conjunction with the 300 dish?

I know the 500 and 300 combo works for sure as there are other posters on here that use this combination. As for the 1000+, I'm not sure if it can be modified for Eastern Arc. You can give it a try, but I would place my bets and say no because of the dual hybrid LNB that was specifically designed for 118.7/119. I think you would have to remove that LNB and replace it with a DP Dual or DP single LNB and even so, I'm just not 100% sure if it would work.

I would say Eastern Arc would be better for you since you're right on the east coast. In my opinion, I'm surprised you can hit 129 at all from where your at. If you got the 1000.4 already, just make sure you get the LNB for Eastern Arc, point it in the right direction, and you should be all set. Hopefully, you have line of sight. If you don't have the EA LNB and don't feel like spending the money to buy one, you can use the 500 for 77 and 72.7 and the 300 for 61.5 as well. Good luck with the install.
ARE YOU SURE? Dish 500 is for 2 satellites 9 degrees apart 72.7 and 77 are only 4 degrees apart. Usually 61.5 and 72.7 are attempted on a 500 even though the spacing is still wrong for the dish design. Contact a DIRT member and see what they can do to get you the right equipment.

ARE YOU SURE? Dish 500 is for 2 satellites 9 degrees apart 72.7 and 77 are only 4 degrees apart. Usually 61.5 and 72.7 are attempted on a 500 even though the spacing is still wrong for the dish design. Contact a DIRT member and see what they can do to get you the right equipment.
Royalty227 if you want to PM your account info I can take a look and see what we can do about getting you setup with a 1k.4 Eastern Arc install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)