Eastern vs. Western arc iin Wisconsin?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ksat1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Live in SW Wisconsin (53533) and have a 1000.2 I believe, installed a couple years ago, pulling in 110, 119 & 129. Knew it was only a matter of time, but a tree has grown to the point of causing signal issues now. Kids have been telling me about it, but not for sure if just HD channels are affected, or channels across the board. I've been doing some research in the past, and have been going to try mounting an old 500 dish I have, and point at 61.5, if I understand some of what I've read correctly, to see if that would be of any improvement. That process sounds very straightforward and simple, so I'm interested to try, for my own "DIY" satisfaction as well as improved reception. Other thing I've been running across on here is Eastern Arc option. Sounds like that requires different equipment, would Dish charge a service fee to come out and switch from West to East, given the obstruction, or is that sort of request a freebie? I think they could drop it right onto the existing mounting pole where existing is currently fastened.

We get all our locals perfectly OTA, so they are of no issue. Just thought I'd get a better handle on my options here before contacting Dish. Would appreciate pros and cons of either method.

Thanks.

You should have eastern arc anyway. You HD locals are on 61.5. Call dish and tell them your not getting your local HD stations and chances are they'll come swap your dish free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Live in SW Wisconsin (53533) and have a 1000.2 I believe, installed a couple years ago, pulling in 110, 119 & 129. Knew it was only a matter of time, but a tree has grown to the point of causing signal issues now. Kids have been telling me about it, but not for sure if just HD channels are affected, or channels across the board. I've been doing some research in the past, and have been going to try mounting an old 500 dish I have, and point at 61.5, if I understand some of what I've read correctly, to see if that would be of any improvement. That process sounds very straightforward and simple, so I'm interested to try, for my own "DIY" satisfaction as well as improved reception. Other thing I've been running across on here is Eastern Arc option. Sounds like that requires different equipment, would Dish charge a service fee to come out and switch from West to East, given the obstruction, or is that sort of request a freebie? I think they could drop it right onto the existing mounting pole where existing is currently fastened.

We get all our locals perfectly OTA, so they are of no issue. Just thought I'd get a better handle on my options here before contacting Dish. Would appreciate pros and cons of either method.

Thanks.

Will you please send me a private message with your phone number or account number so that I can make sure we get you taken care of?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)