Eastern vs. Western Arc in Kansas City

CowboyDren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Has anybody tried to go from a D500+129w system to a 1000.4 system in Kansas City and been disappointed in the signal strength? I want to do it to clean up my wiring, and I'm going to make Dish replace my 722 with a 722K at the same time, so hardware isn't a concern.

Has anybody tried to go from a D500+129w system to a 1000.4 system in Kansas City and been disappointed in the signal strength? I want to do it to clean up my wiring, and I'm going to make Dish replace my 722 with a 722K at the same time, so hardware isn't a concern.

The signal strengths will likely be higher on the western arc because of two new powerful satellites (E11 and Ciel 2) as compared to the older hardware occupying space on the eastern arc. KC is also a western arc city based on the E* lookup tool. Why not use a 1000.2 western arc antenna? The KC HD locals will likely be on a 129 spot beam sometime. They are in the Ciel 2 table.

LOS problems prevent me from a single dish on WA. Currently my wing dish is on the house, then over 100' of cable to my d500's input, then 150' more cable back to the house to my 722. It's a wonder that I have any signal at all from the old 129 bird. :)

There were 2 posts earlier that people in the Kansas City market and the Denver market are having problems with these spotbeams that have been implemented and these people are actually in the markets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts