Ebay FTA sales

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I just hate it when people on E-bay cancel bids when they aren't getting what they want for something because they didn't set a reserve price.

I just had a vender cancel my bid on a Viewsat Extreme because "The item is no longer avaliable" when they have 4 other auctions open for the same thing.

I can't help it the going rate for the thing is $10, and it's not my fault they touted free shipping.

I call booo on them, and should I out their ID?

Any insight?

those things are selling with one thing in mind for some. who ever he went to probably offer to "help" him. It's an on going problem at Ebay and kinda hard to deal with unless they just straight out post such.

man forget ebay for your buys just search for a respectable dealer to buy these there are to much clones of the original models flooting around just buy the originals.

SatAdam said:
I just hate it when people on E-bay cancel bids when they aren't getting what they want for something because they didn't set a reserve price.

I just had a vender cancel my bid on a Viewsat Extreme because "The item is no longer avaliable" when they have 4 other auctions open for the same thing.

I can't help it the going rate for the thing is $10, and it's not my fault they touted free shipping.

I call booo on them, and should I out their ID?

Any insight?

Hope you're not planning on putting a motor on that Viewsat.... ;)

When I was shopping for a receiver on ebay I kept running across $10-20 FTA receivers. The catch was that they were charging $80-100 for shipping.

fta sales

Ebay does not get a cut of the shipping that is why people do that 10.00 item 90.00 shipping.

digiblur said:
Hope you're not planning on putting a motor on that Viewsat.... ;)

What is the issue?. I will adding a motor soon and I have the Viewsat Extreme..

Styler1 said:
What is the issue?. I will adding a motor soon and I have the Viewsat Extreme..

In a nutshell.... it doesn't work. You'll be constantly fighting the motor control on the Viewsat. I highly recommend anyone with a Viewsat to only use it in a slave style setup. I compared my Fortec to the Viewsat side by side and the Fortec won by a landslide. I was happy to unhook the Viewsat and give it back to a friend of mine that uses it on a stationary G10R dish.

I move my motor manually with the Viewsat. Works fine for me.

It just doesn't remember positions well.

Back to the topic..... The seller in question is a reputable FTA dealer. They advertise at well known legit FTA sites.... It just sucks that they yank items like that. It's not exactly the way e-bay is supposed to work.

mastermesh said:
If you do get an item from them, there's always feedback ratings.
True, but remember that feedback can work both ways.

It is a pain when sellers pull the item when they're not getting what they want for it though...

Tron said:
True, but remember that feedback can work both ways.

It is a pain when sellers pull the item when they're not getting what they want for it though...

Or it gets real fun when you get an item later than promised then give the seller a netural rating on one item then you give a negative on another due to a part missing that they will not replace. Then the guy comes back and says he will turn me in for hacking. I told him "Go ahead! They are going to look pretty stupid on my evening news coming to the house and finding the equipment I ordered pointed at G10R. Too bad I already turned in your ID, Name, and address to Ebay and the Echostar abuse department since you apparently know you sell to hackers."

just learned about yahoo auctions the other day. Looks like there are at least a few fta dealers on there... supposedly they don't have as many fees as ebay. Might be a juicy market?

On the ebay note, looks like FTA prices are dropping fast. I've seen some Coolsat 6000's going for $100.00 with shipping as completed items. Just a few weeks ago, they were $180-$200

I think i might just buy myself an extra receiver for the spare house. :D

EBay Buys

I got a Twinhan Starbox on Ebay for $38.00 plus $12 shipping. :)

Thing works like a champ. I have made several purchases for receivers and have not been jilted. I have been stung a couple of times with pc parts though. One guy went to jail for fraud in Ca. There is always someone to cause problems for the good sellers.

MrMylesG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts