Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
I am in Minnesota and getting G3 Channel 600 4DTV with a EBNO of +5.0, I am using a 6 foot dish.

Any one else with similar equipment in a similar area get it any better then that?

I saw it last night but at 11:00 at night I wasnt going outside to try :)

I'll see today what I can get for signals

I dont think ya wanna know ;)

Attachments

• 100_0275.jpg
    100_0275.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_0276.jpg
    100_0276.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 200
I thought it was a fluke because the 905 ebno # stays at what the last channel was until it locks the signal. So when I saw 10.2 I was like "yeah ok...must have been when I was on AnikF1 the other day"

so I did this...went too GB and locked in JCTV and got a 9.0 (see below pic)
moved the dish far enough for it to lock an ebno but not be stable... was at 3.8
then I brought up G3 600 and ebno was still at +3.8
moved dish slowly until green lite came on and it was at +5.8
moved a little farther and locked at 10.2
if I keep moving west it goes down dramatically

also attached are pics of the LNB skew and how far its in the scaler ring. This was actually set up for 99W the other day so nothing had been changed

Attachments

• 100_0278.jpg
    100_0278.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_0279.jpg
    100_0279.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_0280.jpg
    100_0280.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 187
Im getting +12.0 On G3 right now 99Q. I thought he was talking about W3 at first (too much out in the sun yesterday) Those channels uplinked by Crawford tend to go up and down a lot in Q. NPS used to work better when they were on G9. Think NPS has more then bandwidth problems going on there.

Also there PowerVu decoders on 701 AMC & 703 Lifetime has bugs (studders and locks up) NPS really needs to find another uplink provider if there really serious about keeping those channels working and the customer happy. CMC would be my choice.

I thought it was a fluke because the 905 ebno # stays at what the last channel was until it locks the signal. So when I saw 10.2 I was like "yeah ok...must have been when I was on AnikF1 the other day"

so I did this...went too GB and locked in JCTV and got a 9.0 (see below pic)
moved the dish far enough for it to lock an ebno but not be stable... was at 3.8
then I brought up G3 600 and ebno was still at +3.8
moved dish slowly until green lite came on and it was at +5.8
moved a little farther and locked at 10.2
if I keep moving west it goes down dramatically

also attached are pics of the LNB skew and how far its in the scaler ring. This was actually set up for 99W the other day so nothing had been changed

Hey Ice just a suggestion If you don't use the second port on your LNBF. I would put a light layer of RTV around the cap to keep moisture out when it rains.

that cap isnt good enough? Once in a while I do use the 2nd port

This is the dish that gets wheeled out of the garage :)

Oh if it's in the garage most of the time in bad weather your good to go. I was concerned if it was out all the time I would seal it. Because any water that gets in that connector will cause oxidation. An God forbid any water makes it to the circuit board "POOF CITY" I'm very good when it comes to weatherproofing connections especially when there's voltage on it.

BTW Ice I just got off the phone with my client that I did the 410 system for. He really is interested in making his 6 foot movable and get all the channels (he's got the bug big time) So if you hear of anyone selling a 4DTV, PM me because he will need that for sure.

Thank's Tvropro.

Last edited:
Oh if it's in the garage most of the time in bad weather your good to go. I was concerned if it was out all the time I would seal it. Because any water that gets in that connector will cause oxidation. An God forbid any water makes it to the circuit board "POOF CITY" I'm very good when it comes to weatherproofing connections especially when there's voltage on it.

all of my dual LNB's that are in the open have coax cables hooked up to them ;)

I'm happy I got 5 of the GeoSatPros...didnt think I'd use all of them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)