Ebru TV conducting survey again (sweepstakes for gift card)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Once again, Ebru TV is offering a few Visa gift cards (five $100 and two $200 cards) for feedback on their programming. I consider Ebru one of the best channels for English-speaking viewers in North America on 97W, and it's wonderful that they're soliciting feedback, much less offering these gift cards :)

Last time, this was not open to residents outside the U.S., so I'm not sure about the current sweepstakes.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Once again, Ebru TV is offering a few Visa gift cards (five $100 and two $200 cards) for feedback on their programming. I consider Ebru one of the best channels for English-speaking viewers in North America on 97W, and it's wonderful that they're soliciting feedback, much less offering these gift cards :)

Agreed :)

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Open to US residents only.
I send them feedback anyway, they are a great channel and I want to encourage them in any way I can.

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
CHAM,
How did you manage to get past the last page of the survey which requires a US address to submit?

I would also like to encourage them.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
CHAM,
How did you manage to get past the last page of the survey which requires a US address to submit?

Jorgek
Have you tried submitting without entering address ? Just wondering if that would work.

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
Yes I tried. It will not allow to Submit without an address.
So I emailed Ebru to remind them that they have many FTA viewers in Canada, Mexico and elsewhere.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
I answered that above all I see Ebru as a family channel, even though I could also see some of the other options as true. I wouldn´t mark it as european channel, more like international.
Yes they have a bunch of BBC series, but they also have Sea Patrol and Corelli (Australian).

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I e-mailed them few months ago, but no answer for lack of Closed Captioning or subtitling system. But I will keep trying though.:) Just might will win some gift cards.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Well I just did that I hope to win some gift card. They say the GlobeCast on G-19 bird don't handle Closed captioning from Embru, so that's it's disappointing to me since I am hard of hearing.:(

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
I have emailed them directly in the past, but I filled out the form and put prov/country in the address2 (same as adding it to City as works too)..

Great to let them know we watch too!

CHAM,

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
May 23, 2009
Texas
I like EBRU.

I was really surprised to learn it’s a Turkish channel. They seem to be a lot more liberal than I would have imagined.

I really like that they play Doctor Who. I just can not ever get tired of that show. Every time I watch it I pick up some subtle thing I missed before.
And I always pick up on little connections between episodes that might have been 50 years previous or might not show up until an episode 5 years in the future.
It’s quite fun!

The only thing I do not like is that they do these bizarre and abrupt commercial cut outs that do not follow traditional routines. They don’t fade to black at all and will cut out at odd places and times.
I do not believe they are causing content to be lost however. I also would like to see them transmit an EPG.

My dad likes the Australian navy show (I think it’s navy) and some of the crime dramas as well.
And that they broadcast 16:9 is a real bonus.

I think it’s a good channel and I hope they stay on the air.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Some weekends they have a Dr Who Marathon.
Good point about the EPG, it used to have one, but it´s been off for quite a number of weeks now. :(

Sea Patrol is the name of that Australian show you mention.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
May 23, 2009
Texas
Some weekends they have a Dr Who Marathon.
Good point about the EPG, it used to have one, but it´s been off for quite a number of weeks now. :(

Sea Patrol is the name of that Australian show you mention.

I’ve got a Roku and have access to every episode ever of Doctor Who but I still enjoy catching it on TV,
usually I’ll be looking through my Dish lineup and find there is NOTHING on and then I’ll see DW on EBRU and jump right on it.
At least with the commercials it gives me a chance to go to “the other room” from time to time. :eek:
I mean I guess I could pause the Roku.. As far as that goes, I can pause EBRU too..

:eek:

I’m a total Whovian... This summer I’m building a full scale, 100% accurate TARDIS in my back yard. Just because I MUST HAVE ONE. :D

jorgek

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2013
Near Toronto
Unfortunately when they did have EPG it wasn't always accurate. In the survey I did mention the lack of EPG.

I go to their web site for the TV schedule.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts