Echo Dot and Fire Stick Black Friday specials

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got one Dot and two smart plugs yesterday. Another dot with the promo smart plug plus two more and a Fire Stick come Wed. I love the holidays...lots of toys for us SatGuy boys!:happydance

I hooked my smart plugs up tonight and they’re awesome. Very easy to set up and work great. Used one for the Christmas tree and the other for the living room lamp.

Set up the fire tv stick that I picked up this morning, kind of prefer my roku. It works well but too much amazon clutter.

Echo and Dots work well controlling my lights. I’ve been meaning to add some plugs but haven’t yet.

Reactions: TheKrell
Set up the fire tv stick that I picked up this morning, kind of prefer my roku. It works well but too much amazon clutter.

Echo and Dots work well controlling my lights. I’ve been meaning to add some plugs but haven’t yet.

If Roku did Dish Anywhere, I’d agree 100%

I like Roku’s too. The thing for me that puts it over the top is the ability to side load apps.. but I agree.. a lot of amazon stuff.

Unfortunately, Roku’s are more restrictive but I do like their interface better (except for that huge banner ad on the right of the main screen).

Reactions: comfortably_numb
But will she open the pod bay doors?

Argh! How many science fiction fans can you offend with one meme? Here's one that offends 4...

XVykmwQ.jpg

Does the Firestick use your home network to sling Dish Anywhere to a TV in your home just like when using DA on a computer in your home? Is it just as slow as the Joey 2 when used with HWS? How many people can use it at the same time on different TV's?

Does the Firestick use your home network to sling Dish Anywhere to a TV in your home just like when using DA on a computer in your home? Is it just as slow as the Joey 2 when used with HWS? How many people can use it at the same time on different TV's?

It does use your LAN, not your internet connection. I think it’s faster than the 2.0 Joey. One stream at a time is the only unfortunate limitation in my opinion.

It does use your LAN, not your internet connection. I think it’s faster than the 2.0 Joey. One stream at a time is the only unfortunate limitation in my opinion.
To expand on this, the limitation is one stream per Hopper. So, if you have more than one Hopper, you can have more than one stream at a time, up to the number of Hoppers that you have.

Reactions: charlesrshell
:D I would say a slingbox is better, but the slingplayer app on the Fire Stick is the same crappy one on the WDTV boxes that just sucks now, buffering all the time.
If you are getting buffering I would say that is because of your home network. I experience no such issue.

To expand on this, the limitation is one stream per Hopper. So, if you have more than one Hopper, you can have more than one stream at a time, up to the number of Hoppers that you have.

That would be better than only being able to use one stream. Seriously considering dumping 2 Joeys and getting 2 Fire Sticks. In a year I would recoup my money and then I'd save $14 a month.

Have we user confirmation of one stream per Hopper, or is it one stream per account, since authentication is through the account, not the Hopper and you can switch Hoppers while in a session?

I have 2 HWS at home and this afternoon I'll try to generate two connections, one with my Amazon Fire TV stick and the other with my Android phone and see what happens.

I have always been under the impression that it is one stream per account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)