Echostar 1 is about to arrive to 77w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

simonhwsn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2009
Mexico
Hi
Next week the E1 is about to arrive to its new position at 77w (it will provide service for "Dish México") and I have some (stupid) questions about it:

1. I have 2 sources, lyngsat and n2yo.com, according to the first one the satellite is now at 79.15w and the second one says 80.35w, wich one is supposed to be more accurate?

2. Once it gets to 77w, how long would be take to be available for programming?

Sorry about my poor english, thanks.

Hi
Next week the E1 is about to arrive to its new position at 77w (it will provide service for "Dish México") and I have some (stupid) questions about it:

1. I have 2 sources, lyngsat and n2yo.com, according to the first one the satellite is now at 79.15w and the second one says 80.35w, wich one is supposed to be more accurate?

2. Once it gets to 77w, how long would be take to be available for programming?

Sorry about my poor english, thanks.

They both use the same database but update their web sites at different frequencies. N2yo will have the most frequent update of the two.

They have informed FCC that it will arrive at 77W around Aug 21.

An "estimate" for availability of some service would be sometime around the 1st of Sept

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know how many available TP's it has? and Echostar 8? As I've read, both will be providing services for United States and Mexico as well.

I wonder if Echostar 4 will be replaced "immediately" or will be used until the very end of its life.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know how many available TP's it has? and Echostar 8? As I've read, both will be providing services for United States and Mexico as well.

I wonder if Echostar 4 will be replaced "immediately" or will be used until the very end of its life.

Echostar 4 is at end of life and they say it will be deorbited "soon".

Echostar 8 is running 16 transponders on high power. Echostar 1 will add 16 more transponders at a similar power level in US. The combined US beams will cover roughly the southern half of Conus ( weak signal in north). Up to 8 of the 32 total will be used by the Mexico beams. So, US service will probably see an increase of at least 8 transponders. The Echostar 1 US beam will also have good coverage in Mexico.

Echostar 8 is currently running 8 left circular transponders and 8 right circular transponders. Echostar 1 was running 16 right circular transponders at 148. Unless they can switch all Echostar 8 transponders to left circular, I don't see how they could use all 32 transponders at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)