625 caller id

tomg

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
texas
Am on my third 625. All have caller id problems. Am getting only about 10% of received calls. Have tried all the usual fixes. Phone company checked line-ok. Have had dish 2004 to 2008, direct 2008 to 2009 and back to dish 625. All receivers have worked at that location except 625. Dish installed last 625 on 8-17-09. Caller id worked twice then quite. Installer left saying someone from his office would contact Dish and get back to me. 625 must have a problem, either hardware or software.

Well, I'll be the first to say that the caller ID feature on most of the 625s is a little flaky, but it works in most homes and not in yours. That means something is different in your home with your phone line. I don't know much about phone lines, but I do know that if something works most of the time in one house, and rarely in another that the problem is probably with that house.

Have you tried reversing the polarity of your phone line? When I first bought a tester for this I couldn't believe how many had reversed lines (yes the phone will work either way, but like I said the 625 is a little flaky).

I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts