Echostar 15 launch update

They are slow updating the blog. They should be on the 5 hour coast before the last blast of the breeze M. It would be good to know that the last 2 firings went as planned.

Would not bet my life on it but I think this is it.

Epoch at 5:37 Mountain

421 km x 35780 km

Inclination: 49.2 degrees

OBJECT A
1 36792U 10034A 10191.98452039 -.01592443 00000-0 -49367+1 0 21
2 36792 049.2315 217.4466 7222275 359.8115 044.6577 02.26835664 07

Yep..... My birthday gift to you all! :D :) A new bird at 61.5! Let's get that puppy going! The sooner the better. So now that we are that much closer to having a very healthy Eastern Arch, what's dish's short term plans with new launches....

Things that are despratley killing dish right now is:

HDRSN's
Contract Negotiations

and a few other short term things. Lets see where they go from here.. Dish is on the 90 day clock.

DISH NETWORK LAUNCHES NEW SATELLITE TO BOOST INDUSTRY'S LARGEST HD OFFERING

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 10, 2010 - DISH Network L.L.C., the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in America, today announced the launch of EchoStar XV, the company’s second successful satellite launch this year.

When EchoStar XV begins operations later this summer, it will allow DISH Network to continue expanding the largest high definition offering in the U.S. The company currently delivers more than 200 national HD channels as well as HD locals in 156 markets.

Built by Space Systems/Loral, EchoStar XV launched on an International Launch Services Proton/Breeze M vehicle from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 2:40 p.m. EDT on Saturday, July 10. After a nine-hour, 13-minute mission, EchoStar XV was successfully released into geosynchronous transfer orbit. The satellite will ultimately reside at 61.5 degrees West Longitude at an altitude of approximately 22,000 miles.

“The launch of EchoStar XV demonstrates DISH Network’s continuing commitment to delivering the most high-quality HD programming at the best value,” said Tom Cullen, executive vice president. “DISH Network is the only pay-TV provider that offers ‘HD Free For Life’ to every customer, and we’re proud that EchoStar XV will soon allow us to provide even more high definition channels for free.”

For more information about DISH Network, including its HD Free For Life promotion, visit DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Why Pay More?.

Yep..... My birthday gift to you all! :D :) A new bird at 61.5! Let's get that puppy going! The sooner the better. So now that we are that much closer to having a very healthy Eastern Arch, what's dish's short term plans with new launches....

Things that are despratley killing dish right now is:

HDRSN's
Contract Negotiations

and a few other short term things. Lets see where they go from here.. Dish is on the 90 day clock.

Although it does not affect CONUS, I would add (I hope) another- justice for PR customers.

great, great news for DISH's most expensive paying and easternmost clients.
Yep, that's what I am talking about!

other than greedy local station owners

I don't think that is the issue. My neighbor is the financial director for the local ABC station and he said all was "go" with Dish for quite a long time. I think it is just a matter of Dish transponder space and perhaps Dish market size (vs. DMA size).

DISH NETWORK LAUNCHES NEW SATELLITE TO BOOST INDUSTRY'S LARGEST HD OFFERING

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 10, 2010 - DISH Network L.L.C., the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in America, today announced the launch of EchoStar XV, the company’s second successful satellite launch this year.

I notice that they didn't mention the little part about their current 61.5 biting the dust. I have been trying to peak in my new eastern arc and this bird has not been nice. I finally found a thread about the issue, so I look forward to XV being online!

BTW, I am new to Sat Guys (been reading for years).

I peaked 72.7 in at 60 with 61.5 and 77 giving me @48-44. Seems like this dish is much more weather sensitive, though, but it is hard to tell what trouble is me and what is the 61.5W woes. But this dish is touchy. 1 degree az. can get you 10 points on the meter!

Power Lines

I apologize if this is a naive question, but can the 220v power supply lines coming into a house cause any signal interference if they pass closely by or in front of a dish (5-8 feet)?

TLE ~ 9 am mountain time sunday 11th.

inclination: 18.7 degrees

35835 x 5981 km

This is the published proton/breeze insertion orbit so the satellite had not begin moving with it's own propulsion system at that TLE time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)