Echostar 16 at 61.5W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Traverse City HD signs off at midnight Looks like the rest of the changes are coming tonite

Yep, most of the Flint MI locals are going off the air at 12:35am. I'm hoping this change brings our CW in HD soon. Since they added both of our PBS stations in HD this fall CW is the only local we are waiting on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Yep, most of the Flint MI locals are going off the air at 12:35am. I'm hoping this change brings our CW in HD soon. Since they added both of our PBS stations in HD this fall CW is the only local we are waiting on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And just like that Flint CW is now available in HD.

Also, someone in the family has a timer for new episodes of Arrow. I just went to set up a new timer for the HD version since the SD version is no longer there and I was surprised to see that the hopper had already transferred it from the SD channel to the HD channel.

Last edited:
The Mayans were just a couple of months off on their prediction of the end of the world. ;)

After waiting several minutes it reads 50. On the old bird it was 80. I think my dish is not aligned for this new bird. Bad part is the Dish tech just aligned it last month when they replaced my LNB.

After waiting several minutes it reads 50. On the old bird it was 80. I think my dish is not aligned for this new bird. Bad part is the Dish tech just aligned it last month when they replaced my LNB.

Your alignment is ok. Your old sat had higher level in your area 50 is very strong signal.

Sent from my S3 using SatelliteGuys

One thing I have noticed. When I switch to a local channel there is a slightly longer delay than it used to have. It is also longer than when switching to other national channels.

It's not really enough to bother me but I hope it doesn't mean I am having signal issues with the new spotbeam that will cause more weather dropouts. I should be within it's coverage area and we practically never had rain fade with the old satellite.

I didn't think to check signal strength this morning but I will be sure to test it when I get home from work.

Denver and Chicago are ConUS? Is it going to stay that way? Also Pitts lights on ConUS are still on. Wondering if I should switch to Chicago or move onto safer pastures on 77.

Now that major moves are done, I suspect there will still be a lot more moves coming. Perhaps they will have room to change some of the SD markets to HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts