Echostar 16 at 61.5W

I'd like to see more locals on 129 be added to 61.5 (the HD versions that is) so you can target it much easier than 129 due to low elevation in the East. Far too many times you run into tree's or something blocking it cause its so low vs 61.5.

All Dish network reflectors are designed to deliver a certain level of signal to one or more lnb's.

Reflectors designed for 2 or 3 lnb's are de-tuned in the horizonal plane and the greater size of the reflector does not guarantee better signal just because you only use one lnb.

If you want more signal on one satellite you must use a larger reflector that concentrates more signal at the focal point of that lnb, not just a larger reflector that spreads its stronger signal out over a line across the lnb's.

Do not be fooled into believing that a larger reflector necessarily means more signal.

All Dish network reflectors are designed to deliver a certain level of signal to one or more lnb's.

Reflectors designed for 2 or 3 lnb's are de-tuned in the horizonal plane and the greater size of the reflector does not guarantee better signal just because you only use one lnb.

If you want more signal on one satellite you must use a larger reflector that concentrates more signal at the focal point of that lnb, not just a larger reflector that spreads its stronger signal out over a line across the lnb's.

Do not be fooled into believing that a larger reflector necessarily means more signal.

True, I put a DPP LNB on a 1M dish to get the maximum gain from 61.5. Using a 1m FTA dish works really well on DBS satellites.

Glad to see that Dish is filling in market's PBS &CW in HD. Ours was added in that last uplink and about time. OTA has been spotty on those channels here and my wife cannot tolerate dropouts on her shows. She would rather watch them in SD from the dish.:eek:

Glad to see that Dish is filling in market's PBS &CW in HD. Ours was added in that last uplink and about time. OTA has been spotty on those channels here and my wife cannot tolerate dropouts on her shows. She would rather watch them in SD from the dish.:eek:

That's great news. I'm down here in south Berkshire, not too far from you, and have been looking forward to these channels in HD for a while.

Thanks for posting this.

edit: Just checked- and they're in HD now!

Was going to try one, but don't they have a different offset? the fta lnb seems awful close for a large dish as well....

Offset is designed for the arc from which the dish is cut, whether offset or centered they all work the same. For single lnb dishes the larger the reflector the more signal you capture.

Pay attention, my friend. I have it plastered all over this thread.

If you're talking about conus locals, the last time you plastered anything about that was 10 days ago! Forgive me, but I forgot it was you doing the plastering.

I've been slacking. :)

Just be glad it hasn't gotten to FearNet levels.

I feel your pain,as an Eagles fan in NC,it sux to see Harisburg locals go to spotbeam.Broke down,literally broke down lol,and got a PS3 today.Going to get ST on that,they have the half off offer for $149 right now.Now I have to explain to them about that huge maple tree in my back yard.;)

So, after tonight, will Rainbow 1/Echostar 12 be off, relegated to spare status?

They were having trouble with E12: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1001082/000110465912074360/a12-19932_110q.htm

EchoStar XII. Prior to 2012, EchoStar XII experienced anomalies resulting in the loss of electrical power available from its solar arrays. During September and November 2012, EchoStar XII experienced additional solar array anomalies, which could further reduce the electrical power available to operate EchoStar XII. An investigation of the anomalies is continuing. We currently operate EchoStar XII in spot beam mode. If we continue to operate the satellite in the spot beam mode, despite this loss of electrical power, we are still able to maintain our current operational requirements. Additional solar array anomalies are likely to continue to degrade operational capability in all of the possible modes. Since the number of useable transponders on EchoStar XII depends on, among other things, whether EchoStar XII is operated in CONUS, spot beam, or hybrid CONUS/spot beam mode, we are unable to determine at this time the actual number of transponders that will be available at any given time or how many transponders can be used during the remaining estimated life of the satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts