Echostar 16 at 61.5W

Transponder 1 Right and nothing more.

I am not an expert but you are counting SP70 only but also there is the CONUS East that may be picked up here with something like 49.8 db:rant:. That to me is very strong for not been a spot. Please correct me but that is what I interpret. Wondering minds need to know.

Last edited:
That sums it up nicely. Only thing I would add is one can kiss the conus locals on 61.5W goodby.
What happens to the conus locals still on 77? And what was the decision making process on which conus locals markets got moved from 77 to 61.5 and which didn't, since not all of them were?

I am not an expert but you are counting SP70 only but also there is the CONUS East that may be picked up here with something like 49.8 db:rant:. That to me is very strong for not been a spot. Please correct me but that is what I interpret. Wondering minds need to know.

The conus beams will all be be there but by definition are not spot. I have not counted them (will do it) but probably are 16 transponders with Left and Right Polarity for Conus

What happens to the conus locals still on 77? And what was the decision making process on which conus locals markets got moved from 77 to 61.5 and which didn't, since not all of them were?
. Guess we will find out what goes or remains where it is in the next couple of weeks as both quetzsat and E16 go into service. From their viewpoint, the less on 77w the better since it moves more customers into a less expensive dish/lnb assembly (two satellites instead of three).

From their viewpoint, the less on 77w the better since it moves more customers into a less expensive dish/lnb assembly (two satellites instead of three).
Guess that explains why markets like Jacksonville, Cincinnati and Beckley are still on 77 conus.

She'll be there before you know it now.

If DISH does not provide HD from 61.5 this time I will really downgrade my 199.00 a month bill to 50.00. That is a fact. SD is a non starter. They can put up 1000 SD channels and it would be like nothing happened.

I made a resolution for 2013 and is that I will not pay full payment when so many HD channels have been missing for so long. Its hard to think that a Company that has been stalled with no growth and stuck at 14 million would do such a thing. Better get moving DISH if you don't wan't to face a Fiscal Cliff of your own. With people in the US facing less growth, more taxes & credit rating downgrade people will end up with much less cash to spend on TV.

DISH is playing with fire when prices go up in Feb and we can't even get the BB package lineup in PR while DTV has been moving here with multiple LNB's for more HD.

I am just being realistic. We in PR shall be watching what happens at 61.5. with HD.:tombstone:

Exactly. The hd channels on tv for PR is growing. Liberty is expanding (presently more or less similar to dish pr Hd lineup) & I keep hearing that direct will expand PR hd channels big time soon.

Looks like PR subs will have choices now which provider to take for their hd needs & what price they pay

EchoStar 16 has passed about 30 miles below EchoStar 3 (in storage) at 65.8 and will pass below EchoStar 15 at 65.6 in a couple of hours. Then, it will begin it's maneuvers increasing it's orbital altitude to GEO, placing it in orbit at 65.5 +/- 0.05 degrees. It will likely be at it's permanent station sometime this weekend. So, it looks like transition to service will likely begin sometime next week. When Echostar 16 is up and running, EchoStar 15 will depart to and provide service at their new Brazil slot.

My last hope is that SP30 Spotbeam has a problem and that market will need to continue to use CONUS.

One can dream. :)

EchoStar 16 has passed about 30 miles below EchoStar 3 (in storage) at 65.8 and will pass below EchoStar 15 at 65.6 in a couple of hours. Then, it will begin it's maneuvers increasing it's orbital altitude to GEO, placing it in orbit at 65.5 +/- 0.05 degrees. It will likely be at it's permanent station sometime this weekend. So, it looks like transition to service will likely begin sometime next week. When Echostar 16 is up and running, EchoStar 15 will depart to and provide service at their new Brazil slot.

Shouldn't these be 61.8, 61.6 and 61.5?

That sums it up nicely. Only thing I would add is one can kiss the conus locals on 61.5W goodby.

Is this really going to happen? It's great having my local on CONUS so as I travel I don't need to call D to update my location. Also I am on an EA antenna so when we go west in the RV there won't be locals available, I would need to carry two dishes and know when I need a WA or EA setup. This could be a real bummer!!

Where are you hiding. Are you in place now?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)