Echostar 16 at 61.5W

At this point, I don't think anyone knows what Dish will do with all the spots. I would think they would add all the markets without HD locals and the markets currently on CONUS 77W. After that .... They need to add the other HD beyond the Big 4 for markets. Anything left over, I guess they could add duplicate markets.

Actually the priority has to be adding HD stations in markets they carry the big 4 in HD since they are required to do so by the end of the year. Then if they have space left over they could do some of the markets still in SD.

Here (b'ham) as of Nov of last year almost all of my locals are in HD on both arcs except for 1 (ion.) Before Jan '12 it was just the Big Four, then in Jan they added PBS, and now I have 8 in HD.

We dont even have our PBS locals here in HD from Chicago there are three that we are missing WTTW Channel 11,WYCC channel 20 and WYIN Channel 56

The carry one in HD carry all in HD rule is in effect. Essentially each year for the past few years they had to have more and more HD markets carry all the locals in HD. The end of 2013 they have to be complete.

We get six locals in HD, but the two PBS stations are still SD and the local MY Network is still SD. Our locals are on both arcs.

So "Locked- Name not acquired" are off the new bird?

I am assuming that that's what it is. Also at the same time when skipping through TP's on 61.5, it is really slow to show a lock and signal. It's nothing like that on 110/119/129.
Also I don't have a single Spotbeam that is near 60 SS. The Spotbeams that are relevant to my location are topping out at around 50.
And that is not because my dish needs peaked. On all the birds I average mid 60's to low 80's.

I have a 1000.2 and a 500 with a single LNBF pointing at 61.5

But yet I could be wrong, I'm no expert.

The carry one in HD carry all in HD rule is in effect. Essentially each year for the past few years they had to have more and more HD markets carry all the locals in HD. The end of 2013 they have to be complete.

I was unaware of this rule but it makes sense. In my market (Flint MI) we have only had the big 4 in HD for years. I'm not exactly sure when but sometime this year both of our local PBS stations went HD on Dish. For some reason the logo of one of those PBS stations switched to the Fox logo in my hopper guide when this happened. The other one still has the PBS HD logo but both are still PBS stations. This is no big deal to me but it is weird.

Now the only local we are still waiting on for HD is CW. Hopefully it will be turned on when they switch to the new satellite.

Last edited:
Yea it's been a slow roll out for all local HD in many markets.Our dma Charlotte,just got the CW and My channels in HD mid last year.It was nice to have a few more Tarheel football games in HD.I would think the markets lacking all HD will be getting them very soon now with the new sat in orbit.

thats what i am talking about with the new sat will we get the rest of stations in HD
we are missing our PBS locals in HD,the rest of our spanish locals WGBO Univision,WSNS telmundo

PBS locals in HD,the rest of our spanish locals WGBO Univision,WSNS telmundo these are full power channels.so that dish must provide us we these in HD?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/113031-FCC_Allows_Satellite_TV_Providers_to_Phase_In_HD.php

Per that schedule, satellite broadcasters must carry TV stations' HD signals in 15% of the markets in which they carry any HD signals by Feb. 17, 2010; 30% of those by Feb. 17, 2011; 60% by Feb. 17, 2012; and 100% by Feb. 17, 2013.

In the order, the commission said that even though it did not require satellite-TV operators to increase the number of markets in which they deliver local-TV-station signals, it nudged them in that direction, saying that supplying local stations in all 210 markets would "serve the public interest" by promoting the goals of localism, competition and diversity.

ok no problem at all thats what i am wondering about when will the new satellite be uplinking to dish network?

Thanks

Bluegras

PBS locals in HD,the rest of our spanish locals WGBO Univision,WSNS telmundo these are full power channels.so that dish must provide us we these in HD?

Those Spanish stations may be broadcasting in digital, not HD. Dish must carry what ever they are broadcasting.

The necessary FCC licenses issued yesterday (friday) and they planned on starting on 14th (monday)

I wonder if they are going to meet the February 17th deadline for LiL HD must carry all. They have a lot to uplink in one month. Probably huge uplink reports will be incoming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)