Echostar 16 at 61.5W

They've added quite a bit of HD on WA markets. They added the rest to my market (CW and 3 PBSs) some time back which surprised me. Mine is not a major market.
And there are still many that aren't. So that is why I think that some DMA's that are on EA may be eliminated from it to start helping w/ bandwidth and the over time transition to MPEG 4 only.

And there are still many that aren't. So that is why I think that some DMA's that are on EA may be eliminated from it to start helping w/ bandwidth and the over time transition to MPEG 4 only.

That would require a huge effort to roll a truck to everyone to change the dish out to point to the other arc.

That would require a huge effort to roll a truck to everyone to change the dish out to point to the other arc.

Or they'll do like they did with a lot of the 61.5/110/119-ers and just quietly change things and hope that nobody notices.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Or they'll do like they did with a lot of the 61.5/110/119-ers and just quietly change things and hope that nobody notices.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Considering how close they are to the deadline to have it done, and considering they knew their satellite configuration years ago, they would have started it by now if they had to do it.

Considering how close they are to the deadline to have it done, and considering they knew their satellite configuration years ago, they would have started it by now if they had to do it.

Echostar 16 is 7 months behind schedule for a variety of reasons. So, they had a plan but things just went wrong.

I can't see Dish, in the next month, switching configs, replacing receivers or changing out antennas so I think what you're saying is the case. I don't think it's even possible to do so. Maybe they got an extension on the deadline with the E16 delay. Or maybe they'll just cram them in. My market only had 8 channels on one transponder. There's an Ohio beam I noticed with 13. Yikes.

I have to believe Dish received an extension of the deadline. In regards to capacity on the WA, the E-14 satellite is using 5 TPs for CONUS that can be changed to be used for spotbeams. Of course this probably would require the conversion of QPSK TPs to at least 8PSK if not MPEG-4 and the changeout of all QPSK only receivers to free up 5 CONUS TPs for the WA.

I have to believe Dish received an extension of the deadline. In regards to capacity on the WA, the E-14 satellite is using 5 TPs for CONUS that can be changed to be used for spotbeams. Of course this probably would require the conversion of QPSK TPs to at least 8PSK if not MPEG-4 and the changeout of all QPSK only receivers to free up 5 CONUS TPs for the WA.

I could see them getting an extension for EA since the launch was delayed. But, it would be hard to really go past a couple months.

I wonder if the could squeeze some SD to free up one or two of the TPs and make them spots. Of course if the could lease 3 TPs on 110 from DIRECTV...

I didn't remember to check my conus locals this morning. I have a couple of timers set for today...I hope they get recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)