Echostar 16 Launch - November 20 2012

charlesrshell said:
I cannot set a timer for the launch on channel 101 at 12 pm CST 20 November. I get a pop up code 030 channel unavailable. The time slots before and after 12 pm I can set timers, but not the 12 pm launch slot. Anyone know why this is happening?

WTH? I just tried setting a timer for it and it says "record this $0.01"? Gotta pay a penny to watch it? lol

image-1043526300.jpg

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

How about time of day that the TID is sent/pulled, or any other timestamps in the data? Or other distinguishing data such as signal strength, signal type, call sign, etc?

No unless you have the exact schedule they are changing each tid.

Signal strength is not in the stream. Will just have to see a day or two of wrong names on some transponders. Not a huge deal.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

For those in front of their computers but not TVs, here is a link to the broadcast: http://echostarxvi.imgondemand.com/

If all goes according to plan, here are the approximate milestones:

Broadcast starts: 1:15PM
Bunch of boring interviews until t-0:15 or so
Launch at 1:31PM
MaxQ: 1:32PM
1st Stage separation: 1:33PM
2nd Stage separation: 1:36PM
Payload faring separation 1:37PM
3rd Stage separation: 1:41PM (launch broadcast will probably end around this time)
Breeze Burn 1 (raise to initial parking orbit): 1:42-1:50PM
Breeze Burn 2 (increase orbit altitude): 2:39-2:56PM
Breeze Burn 3 (increase to Geosynchronous transfer orbit phase 1): 4:59-5:08PM
Fuel tank jettison (yay space junk!): 5:09PM
Breeze Burn 4 (increase to Geosynchronous transfer orbit phase 2): 5:11-5:19PM
Breeze Burn 5 (remove most of the inclination to bring the orbit closer to the equator): 10:25-10:30PM
Separation: 10:43PM

Should find out if all went well around 11PM EST.

I hope I get something out of this (like 24x7 HD RSNs) to offset my lost CONUS locals. Why do some markets (like Cincinnati and Jacksonville) get to keep theirs? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)