EchoStar 6 at 61.5 update

I thought from reading stuff back in 2008 that part of the rationale of creating the EA was to free up space on the WA by removing come eastern markets from the WA. So, based on the comment above, I would guess then certain large markets in the east will remain mirrored (i.e. locals) on the Western Arc? If that is the case, then I would not anticipate any wholesale swapouts in this market other than for those in a mixed arc setup where only having 61.5 and 110/119 will not suffice for receiving all the HD channels.

That said, my brother here in the Atlanta area (mixed arc setup) says he has received no notifications yet. My cousin with a 1000.2 dish has not either.

I also noticed that Lyngsat is not showing TPs 16 and 22 assigned to either Dish or DirecTV.

If he has a 1000.2 then he's good to go. Dish wants to get rid of the mixed arc dish setups. From a satellite fleet/uplink standpoint it only makes sense.

If they have the spotbeam capacity to carry both, then there's no point in not carrying it.

Don't use Lyngsat... use the link in my signature, it's live data on TheList.

basically they just installed the 1k4 where 61.5 was and cabled in 110 and left 119 unhooked from the the original dish...
This raises the question about the unhooked output. In my case, I insisted the installer leave my D500 on 110/119 for my SD receivers in the closet. It has a DP twin. If I took one output and hooked it to the input of my 1000.4, would the other output of the DP twin still switch when connected directly to a receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts